New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee today said that the fundamental tenet of the government is development of all.
Addressing the members of two Houses of Parliament at the start of Budget session, Mukherjee said that the government had taken several initiatives including smart cities, skill development, ease of doing business and tapping the country's demographic dividend.
"The fundamental tenet (of government) is 'sab ka saath, sab ka vikas' (taking everyone along, development of all)," he said.
Here are the major highlights of President's speech:
- The people of India, especially the poorest of poor have been keeping faith on this institution for fulfillment of their aspirations
- Our Parliament is the sanctum sanctorum of democracy
- My government has made unprecedented efforts to reach out to the Indian community abroad
- Government committed to rehabilitate 60 thousand displaced Kashmiri Pandits
- Government has endeavored to create conducive environment in J&K especially for the displaced
- My government is creating greater cooperation & integration in South Asia
- Terrorism poses a great challenge to the internal security of our nation, my govt is firm in dealing with this
- My government is committed to restore & rejuvenate the soul of cities that are home to each cultural heritage of our country
- National Urban Development Mission being finalised and Smart City programme close to finalisation
- My government took several pro active steps for protecting wildlife & environment
- My government created a new Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship with the theme 'Hunar hai to Kalyan hai'
- My Gov Online Platform, a path breaking initiative, has been launched. This has ensured public participation in decision-making
- My government has taken every step to promote the shipping industry & development of the coastal regions
- As a result of my government's sustained efforts & series of policy initiatives, our economy is again on high growth trajectory
- Government committed to safety of women, protecting girl child
- My government is committed to building modern infrastructure & facilities in urban areas
- Focus is on technology upgradation & better financial access
- Housing for all by 2022
- My government has taken a number of measures to stop generation of black money both nationally & internationally
- Inflation is at a record low due to a number of decisive measures taken by my government
- Government has envisioned an ambitious program-Digital India,to provide technology based tranformation&citizen based transparent system
- Maximum governance & minimum government is the guiding principle of my government
- Legal reforms is one of the priorities of my government
- An application 'Himmat' has been launched to ensure women safety in Delhi
- My goverment has made a strong beginnning for a better future
- Education is the priority of priorities for my government for which 'Padhega Bharat, Badhega Bharat' was launched
- Inclusive growth covering the poorest of the poor is my government's topmost priority
- Coverage of Jan dhan yojana has been close to 100 per cent
- My government has attached paramount importance to safeguard interest of farmers affected by land acquisition by taking utmost care of protecting the rights of farmers including their compensation
- My government has attached highest improtance to sustainable socio-economic growth of rural India
- Swachhta Abhiyan launched for a clean & open defecation free India by 2019
- My government has worked for the welfare of the poor, the marginalized & the vulnerable sections of the society
- Within a span of 9 months my Govt has embarked on a comprehensive strategy for unleashing the economy
- My government has been of 'Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikaas'