From division of states to divisive politics, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday stumped Congress party with his blistering political attack in his speech on Motion of Thanks to the President's address in Lok Sabha.
Prime Minister Modi on Wednesday launched frontal attack on Congress and asked the Opposition party to not teach the NDA Government about Democracy.
Here are top 40 quotes from PM Modi's speech on Motion of Thanks to the President's address in the Lower House of Parliament-
1. The NDA Government has changed the work culture in the nation. Projects are not only thought about well but also executed in a timely manner.
2. In December, did we witness an 'election' or coronation for the post of Congress President? One youngster raised his voice about this as well. Dynasts cannot talk about democracy. It will be better if Congress doesn't teach us about Democracy.
3. We cannot forget how the Congress insulted Shri Neelam Sanjiva Reddy, a proud son of Andhra Pradesh. They humiliated him. Nobody in India needs lessons on democracy from the Congress Party.
PM Modi's speech on Motion of Thanks in LS LIVE: 'In Dec, did we witness an 'election' or coronation for the post of Congress president?'
4. When Rajiv Gandhi landed in Hyderabad, how did he behave with a Congress leader Mr T Anjaiah. He humiliated a big leader, who did not belong to a privileged background.
5. If Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel would have been the first PM of the country, entire Kashmir would have been ours.
6. How did the Congress act in Kerala, how did they treat the Akali Dal in Punjab, how did they behave in Tamil Nadu? Why did Congress dismiss so many state governments at their will. This is no commitment to democracy.
7. For decades, one party devoted all their energies to serving one family. The interests of the nation were looked over just for the interests of one family.
8. Congress responsible for Partition and dividing country for political gains. The interests of the nation were looked over just for the interests of one family. 'You broke country into bits & pieces.
9. Had the past Congress governments worked with responsibility, they would have taken the country to new heights.
10. The reality is that in that era was the radio, TV and Opposition toed your line. There were no PILs, no NGOs. If you had made right and honest policies, this country would have been miles ahead of where it is.
11. The more mud you throw at us, the more the Lotus will bloom. I will not stop you, keep doing that!
12. You (Congress party) had power from Panchayat to Parliament after independence. Had you showed some sense of responsibility and direction, the country would have progressed much more than where it stands today.
13. The NDA government is building more roads than the previous one. We have given a strong boost to the infrastructure sector across the nation.
14. More villages are getting optical fibre network in the last three years than they got previously. This is the transformation happening.
15. How can one of the leaders say India got a democracy due to Pandit Nehru and the Congress Party? Is this their reading of India's history? What arrogance is this?
16. I don't know if I should call it arrogance or lack of knowledge when they say Jawaharlal Nehru brought democracy to India.
17. India did not get democracy due to Pandit Nehru, as Congress wants us to believe. Please look at our rich history. There are many examples of rich democratic traditions that date back centuries ago. Democracy is integral to this nation and is in our culture.
18. Had the past Congress governments worked with responsibility, they would have taken the country to new heights. Had they kept the right directions with right intentions, this country would have been in a much better position at present.
19. When we speak about creating new states, we remember the manner in which Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ji created Uttarakhand, Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh. He showed how farsighted decision making is done.
20. I see that whenever we are criticised by select Opposition parties, substance is lacking. They go back to saying- when we were in power. This is the same party that divided India.
21. Congress was never connected to ground, never worked at ground level and it shows clearly as we look at your situation today.
22. When our govt took office in 2014, the chorus from the Oppn was - Modi will scrap @UIDAI but when we made Aadhaar more effective in terms of enabling better and effective service delivery, suddenly they began opposing it.
23. When you saw how people started benefiting from #Aadhaar, you started complaints about implementation.
24. The only people who are adversely affected by #Aadhaar are dishonest, corrupt and middlemen. This is the real reason why it is being opposed.
25. When the corrupt and middlemen are out of work, obviously the Congress will be unhappy.
26. I can see the energy and enthusiasm in our youth. They want to do something on their own, they want to launch their own start-ups. Our Government is giving wings to the aspirations of India's middle class.
27. Our government had the opportunity to prepare an aviation policy that focuses on smaller cities, towns so that more Indians can fly.
28. India has received the order to built more than 900 aeroplanes. We are using top technologies and satellite data to aid our progression.
29. Your (Congress) mindset that only a family can do all good things has made you sit where you are sitting in the Parliament today.
30. The country's youth now doesn't want a government job. They want to be entrepreneurs, launch their own startups. Our government is trying to cater to the aspiration of the youth.
31. We're focusing on energy production - hydro, thermal, nuclear.
32. Karnataka and other three Congress-ruled states have admitted that there's been an uptick in the employment.
33. India's middle class desires good education facilities, affordable housing, good infrastructure. They want 'Ease of Living' which we are committed to providing.
34. Middle class is being misled. We are working towards ease of life for them. We helped middle-class save their electricity bill.
35. I know the Government's efforts to eliminate corruption & black money are hurting a select group of people. Today, people who served as Chief Ministers are in jail. However powerful one was, if one has been corrupt, that person will be punished. We are in an era of honesty.
36. Employment is increasing but you have closed your eyes as you are busy singing your songs. Atal ji ne kaha hai ‘chhote Mann se koi bada nahi hota aur toote Mann se koi khada nahi hota’.
37. Country should know that the previous government is responsible for the issue of NPAs.
38. The workings of our previous Government are responsible for the NPA mess. They are 100% responsible and nobody else. The banking policies of the previous Governments were not proper. Middlemen were happy, the country was suffering.
39. Those who have looted the country will have to give it back.
40. I know the Govt's efforts to eliminate corruption & black money are hurting a select group of people. However powerful one was, if one has been corrupt, that person will be punished. We are in an era of honesty.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to give Motion of Thanks to the President in the Rajya Sabha at 4pm today.