Jun 04, 2020 11:49 PM (IST)
Chhattisgarh: 93 new COVID-19 positive cases reported
93 new COVID-19 positive cases reported in Chhattisgarh today, 17 discharged after recovering from the disease. The total number of positive cases in the state rises to 773, including 206 cured/discharged and 2 deaths.
Jun 04, 2020 11:34 PM (IST)
Jharkhand: 46 new COVID-19 positive cases reported
46 new COVID-19 positive cases reported in Jharkhand today, the total number of cases rises to 827. Till date, 390 patients have recovered/discharged. The number of active cases is 431. The death toll is at 6.
Jun 04, 2020 11:17 PM (IST)
Delhi reports 1,359 new COVID-19 positive cases
Delhi reported 1,359 new COVID-19 positive cases, the total number of cases is now 25,004. The death toll stands at 650. There are 14,456 active cases.
Jun 04, 2020 11:13 PM (IST)
Assam: 243 new positive cases of COVID-19 reported
The total number of COVID-19 positive cases in the state is now 2,073 including 243 new positive cases reported today.
Jun 04, 2020 10:07 PM (IST)
Jammu and Kashmir recorded the highest single-day spike in COVID-19 cases with 285 new patients
Jammu and Kashmir recorded the highest single-day spike in COVID-19 cases with 285 new patients, 222 from Kashmir division, and 63 from Jammu division. J&K tally rises to 3,142.
Jun 04, 2020 10:06 PM (IST)
Madhya Pradesh: 174 new cases of COVID-19, 6 deaths today
Madhya Pradesh reported 174 new cases of COVID-19 and 6 deaths today, taking the total number of cases to 8,762 and death toll to 377. The number of active cases stands at 2,748.
Jun 04, 2020 10:04 PM (IST)
Haryana: 327 COVID-19 cases reported
327 COVID-19 cases reported in Haryana today. The total number of cases in the state is now at 3281, including 1123 recovered/discharged and 24 deaths.
Jun 04, 2020 10:03 PM (IST)
Rajasthan reports 210 new COVID-19 positive cases
Rajasthan reported 210 new COVID-19 positive cases till 8:30 pm today, taking the total number of cases to 9,862. The number of active cases stand at 2,545.
Jun 04, 2020 10:03 PM (IST)
Telangana: 27 new COVID19 cases reported
27 new COVID19 cases reported in Telangana, taking the total number of cases in the state to 3,147.
Jun 04, 2020 10:02 PM (IST)
Goa: 40 new COVID19 positive cases reported
40 new COVID19 positive cases reported in Goa today, taking the total number of positive cases in the state to 166 including 109 active cases and 57 recovered.
Jun 04, 2020 9:37 PM (IST)
Delhi AAP MLA Raaj Kumar Anand tests positive for COVID-19
Aam Aadmi Party MLA from Delhi's Patel Nagar Raaj Kumar Anand tested positive for coronavirus on Thursday.
Jun 04, 2020 9:03 PM (IST)
West Bengal: 368 more COVID-19 cases, 10 deaths reported
368 more COVID-19 cases and 10 deaths reported in West Bengal today. The total number of cases in the state is now at 6,876, including 2,768 recovered, 3,753 active cases, and 283 deaths.
Jun 04, 2020 8:43 PM (IST)
Manipur reports three fresh cases of COVIDー19
Manipur reports three fresh cases of COVIDー19, taking total number of cases to 124 out of which 86 cases are active.
Jun 04, 2020 8:40 PM (IST)
Maharashtra reports the highest number of deaths within 24 hours
With 123 deaths, Maharashtra reports the highest number of deaths within 24 hours. 2,933 new cases confirmed taking the total number of cases to 77,793; death toll stands at 2,710.
Jun 04, 2020 8:29 PM (IST)
DMK MLA tests positive for COVID-19
A DMK legislator has tested positive for coronavirus and he is on ventilatory support battling severe acute respiratory distress, a hospital said here on Thursday.
Jun 04, 2020 4:42 PM (IST)
Mumbai: 23 new COVID-19 cases reported in Dharavi area
23 new COVID-19 cases reported in Mumbai's Dharavi area, taking the total number of cases to 1872, the death toll stands at 71.
Jun 04, 2020 4:38 PM (IST)
Uttarakhand: 60 new COVID-19 positive cases reported till 2pm
Total 60 new COVID-19 positive cases reported till 2 pm today, the total number of COVID-19 positive cases in the state stands at 1,145.
Jun 04, 2020 4:37 PM (IST)
Nepal: 334 COVID-19 positive cases reported
334 COVID-19 positive cases reported in Nepal in the last 24 hours. The total number of cases in the country rises to 2,634, including 10 deaths and 290 recoveries.
Jun 04, 2020 4:08 PM (IST)
Maharashtra: 2,557 police personnel test positive for COVID-19
In the last 24 hours, one police personnel tested positive for COVID-19 and one personnel succumbed to the infection. The total number of police personnel who have tested positive for the virus has reached 2,557, the death toll stands at 30.
Jun 04, 2020 4:03 PM (IST)
Chandigarh: Number of COVID-19 cases stands at 302
The number of COVID-19 cases stands at 302 in Chandigarh, including 5 deaths and 222 recoveries.
Jun 04, 2020 3:08 PM (IST)
Coronavirus: Latest updates on COVID-19 crisis around the world
Here are the latest updates on the coronavirus crisis in India and other parts of the world on Thursday:
- Two more UP police personnel deployed in Gautam Buddh Nagar have tested positive for COVID-19, officials say.
- Haryana's nodal officer for COVID-19 and his daughter test positive for coronavirus.
- Mizoram decides to test samples of returnees from containment zones using RT-PCR machines.
- PM Narendra Modi holds virtual summit with Australian counterpart Scott Morrison.
- As many as 68 new coronavirus cases reported in Rajasthan as state's tally reaches 9,720.
- A 3-year-old COVID patient was discharged from hospital after recovery.
- Swiggy expands alcohol delivery to West Bengal after Jharkhand and Odisha.
- Chhattisgarh COVID-19 cases tally rises to 680.
- As many as 90 test positive for COVID-19 in Odisha as state's total count rises to 2,478.
- Pakistan surpasses China in COVID-19 cases as infection cases surge to 85,246.
- Maruti introduces accessories to protect customers from coronavirus.
- A Chinese city close to the Russian border has ordered the COVID-19 tests for all 2.8 million residents.
- India's COVID-19 tally reaches 2,16,919 with record spike of 9,304 cases and death toll rising to 6,075.
- Doctor helps poor patients with chronic ailments get medicines.
- George Floyd, the African-American, who died in police custody last month, had tested positive for the coronavirus in April, according to the medical examiner's report.
- India-origin minister Alok Sharma tests positive for coronavirus in UK.
- US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo speaks to foreign ministers of Australia, Brazil, India, Israel, and S Korea on COVID-19 situation.
Jun 04, 2020 3:05 PM (IST)
Coronavirus updates from Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh, which was declared coronavirus-free after its first patient got discharged from a hospital here on April 16, has witnessed a spurt in COVID-19 cases, with 37 people testing positive for the disease in just 11 days.
Jun 04, 2020 12:57 PM (IST)
Coronavirus updates from Chattisgarh
As many as 52 more people, including a government doctor, tested positive for coronavirus in Chhattisgarh, taking the state's COVID-19 tally to 680, a health official said on Thursday.
Jun 04, 2020 12:25 PM (IST)
Coronavirus updates from Rajasthan
Rajasthan reports 68 new COVID-19 positive cases till 10:30 AM today, taking the total number of cases 9720. Number of active cases stand at 2692
Jun 04, 2020 12:24 PM (IST)
Coronavirus updates from Assam
Assam reports 47 new COVID-19 positive cases till 11:47 am today, taking the total number of positive cases to 1877. Number of active cases stand at 1457
Jun 04, 2020 11:08 AM (IST)
PM Modi addresses 'India-Australia Virtual Summit' | Highlights
PM Modi addresses 'India-Australia Virtual Summit' | Highlights
- On behalf of the whole of India, I express my condolences to the COVID-19 affected people in Australia
- This is perfect time to further strengthen relations b/w India & Australia. There are endless opportunities to strengthen our friendship, it also brings with it challenges to turn this potential into reality, how our relation becomes a factor of stability for the region
- Our govt has taken the decision to view this #COVID19 crisis as an opportunity. In India, a process of comprehensive reforms has been initiated in almost all areas. Very soon its result will be seen at the ground level
- India is committed to strengthening its relations with Australia, it is not only important for our two nations but also for the Indo-Pacific region and the whole world: Prime Minister Narendra Modi during first ever 'India-Australia Virtual Summit'
Jun 04, 2020 9:50 AM (IST)
Over 6,000 COVID-19 deaths in India, cases cross 2.16 lakh mark
India coronavirus cases have crossed 2.16 lakh mark taking positive patients toll to 2,16,919 including 1,06,737 active cases 6,075 deaths and 1,04,107 recovered, according to the health ministry's figures released on Thursday.READ MORE
Jun 04, 2020 9:25 AM (IST)
Coronavirus updates from Mexico
Mexico has recorded more than 1,000 coronavirus-related deaths in a 24-hour period for the first time. The daily death toll of 1,092 was more than double the 470 fatalities reported the day before.
Jun 04, 2020 8:51 AM (IST)
Coronavirus updates: Global overview
- Germany unveils $146-billion package to boost economy
- Mexico reports more than 1,000 daily deaths for the first time
- UK reports more daily deaths than the rest of the EU put together
- Iran warns of re-imposing restrictions as cases rise again
- Cases rise in the US south and west amid nationwide protests
- Saudi Arabia shuts 32 firms over virus protocol violations
- Turkish health officials warn of second wave of infections
Jun 04, 2020 8:27 AM (IST)
COVID-19: Hydroxychloroquine failed to protect patients in first controlled clinical trial
According to a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine, the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine failed to offer healthy patients exposed to COVID-19 any protection from the disease.
Jun 04, 2020 8:06 AM (IST)
Watch Swami Ramdev's yoga asanas to deal heart issues
Watch yoga guru Swami Ramdev's lessons to boost immunity, maintain good health and fight coronavirus, LIVE every day at 7:58 am and repeat 5:00 pm only on India TV. Watch today's show on yoga asanas to deal with the heart issues |
Jun 04, 2020 7:04 AM (IST)
More than 3,165,000 people have been recovered from coronavirus infection so far: Summary
Hello and welcome to today's live coverage of coronavirus news in India and across the world, with me, Sushmita Panda and my colleagues Himanshu Shekhar, Shashwat Bhandari, Vani Mehrotra, Priya Jaiswal, Sidhant Mamtany and Rashi Hardaha. You can get in touch with us directly on twitter @sushmitapanda, @himaanshus, @ShashBhandari @vani_mehrotra @priyajais, @SidMamtany, and @rashihardaha for news, tips, photos, questions and comments. Stay tuned to Indiatvnews.com (@indiatvnews) for all the latest updates on what's happening around the world.
Here's a quick overview:
The total number of global cases has surpassed 6.5 million, including more than 387,000 fatalities. More than 3,165,000 patients are reported to have recovered.
Deaths by country:
- United States- 1,09,142
- Italy- 33,601
- Spain- 27,128
- France- 29,021
- United Kingdom- 39,728
- Belgium - 9,522
Coronavirus in India: Total COVID-19 positive cases cross 216,000-mark
Coronavirus Death Toll in India: As of Friday evening, the death toll stood at 6,088