Cairo: A head-on collision of two tourist buses near a popular Red Sea resort has killed 33 people and injured 41, according to Egypt's state news agency.
MENA said the accident occurred early on Friday about 50 kilometres (30 miles) from Sharm el-Sheikh in the Sinai Peninsula.
The buses were coming from opposite directions and collided head-on on the main road.
Rescue crews, including 30 ambulances, were sent to the scene to take the injured to nearby hospitals, and the local motorway was closed off.
The cause of the crash was not immediately known. Four foreigners - a 20-year-old Ukrainian woman, a Yemeni man and a Saudi woman and child - were among those injured but their injuries were light, local emergency services said.
Collisions are common in Egypt due to badly maintained roads and disregard of traffic laws.
Road crashes killed about 13,000 people in Egypt last year.