Washington: US First Lady Michelle Obama stunned in Indian-American fashion designer Naeem Khan's creation on Friday at the state dinner hosted by US President Barack Obama in honour of leaders from Nordic countries.
Michelle wore a blush-coloured gown by the New York based designer which featured a bodice, full skirt and one-shoulder detailing.
Naeem Khan has been one of the favorite designers of Mrs Obama, as she first wore his creation to her first state dinner back in 2009.
The state dinner is usually for one Head of State. However, the President honoured five countries this time, including Sweden, Iceland, Finland, Denmark and Norway.
"She looks great," Obama said complementing his wife as they welcomed the guests at the North Portico of the White House.
- Michelle Obama stunned in Indian-American fashion designer Naeem Khan creation
- Michelle wore a blush-coloured gown by the New York based designer
- President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama walk in
- With Nordic leaders and their spouses, during a photograph
- They pose together at the North Portico of the White House in Washington
- They greets Prime Minister Sigurdur Ingi Johannsson
- "She looks great," Obama said complementing his wife as they welcomed the guests
- They stand with Iceland PM Sigurdur Ingi Johannsson and his wife Ingibjorg
- Michelle Obama touches President Obama'a chin as they wait for the arrival
- Barack Obama and Michelle Obama greet Swedish Prime Minister and his wife
- They stand with Norwegian P M Erna Solberg and her husband Sindre Finnes
"He stepped on my dress," quipped the US first lady.
Popular Indian-American actor and comedian Aziz Ansari attended the dinner along with his mother Fatima Ansari.
Celebrities like Miranda Kerr, Tracee Ellis Ross, Al Roker, Connie Britton, David Letterman and Will Ferrell were also present.
This was Obama's 12th State Dinner after he hosted the inaugural one for the then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in November 2009.