“I am not aware about the Adampur incident which is a law and order situation and the state government will deal with it. I will appeal to the public that in case of illegal digging, they must lodge an FIR or complain us,” the minister said.
She also dismissed Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar's charge that ASI has ignored the state's request for digging historical sites more valuable than 1,000 tonnes of gold.
“Since I have taken charge I have put a big pressure on my department to work on Nalanda as it is most ancient university of the world. Only 7 per cent work has been done there so far and I am seeking additional funds for Nalanda. The Finance Minister is also interested. So it is wrong to say that we pick and choose,” she said.
She also refused to set any timeframe for the Unnao work. “I cannot specify any timeframe nor I will put pressure on ASI officials to fasten their work. We cannot use modern heavy machines there. The work has to be done manually and with utmost care which takes time,” she said.
Trying to locate weapons used in 1857 mutiny in Unnao, says Katoch
New Delhi: Amidst the hype over the “gold hunt” in UP's Unnao district, Culture Minister Chandresh Kumari Katoch today said the ASI is not digging for gold but trying to locate weapons used by Indians
Advertisement
Advertisement
Top News
-
PM Modi to meet French President Macron in Mumbai: Defence ties, trade, MoUs on agenda | DETAILS
-
US: Two killed, three injured in shooting during hockey match at Rhode Island
-
Netanyahu says PM Modi to visit Israel on February 25-26: 'India is enormously powerful and popular'
-
CBSE Exams 2026 Live: CBSE 10th, 12th exams to begin today; check reporting time, guidelines
Advertisement
Advertisement