New Delhi: At the upcoming NSA-level talks, India will hand over to Pakistan a list of 60 fugitives who have taken shelter in that country besides dismissing comparison between Samjhauta Express blast and Mumbai terror attack citing the role of state actors in the latter incident.
The Indian side will also confront Pakistan with evidence that the three terrorists who carried out attacks in Gurdaspur and the two terrorists who struck in Udhampur, one of whom was caught alive, had sneaked in from across the border for the attacks, government sources said here today.
Deportation of Dawood Ibrahim and speedy trial in 26/11 Mumbai terror attack case are some of the key issues to be raised by National Security Adviser (NSA) Ajit Doval with his counterpart Sartaj Aziz during the talks next week, the sources said.
A list of around 60 fugitive, including Dawood, Tiger Memon, both prime accused in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts, and several terrorists of Indian Mujahideen, will be given to Pakistan asking that country to hand over them to India to face the law for the crimes perpetrated by them, they said.
Expecting Pakistan to raise the issue of Samjhauta Express blasts in which majority of the victims were Pakistanis, the Indian side is expected to dismiss its comparison with Mumbai attacks of November 2008.
Doval is expected to point out that while the Mumbai carnage was carried out at the behest of and with active involvement of Pakistani state agencies, there was no such aspect in the Samjhauta blast, the sources said.
All suspects in the Samjhauta case, including Swami Assemananda, are in jail and the trial is on track, the sources said.
On the other hand, the trial in 26/11 case in Pakistani is going nowhere and all prime accused, including LeT commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, are roaming freely.
Besides, Islamabad had not acted upon the Letters Rogatory (a formal request from a court to a foreign court for for judicial assistance) sent in connection with the Mumbai terror attack case.
The statement given by Pakistani terrorist Mohammad Naved, who was arrested in Udhampur, is likely to be given to the Pakistani side, the sources said.
In his statement, Naved has said that Lashkar-e-Taiba founder Hafiz Saeed and persons appearing to be Pakistan Army officers visited the terror camp once in a while and gave them motivational spech and tips on terror.
India will also trash any attempt by Pakistan to link Indian agencies to the unrest in Baluchistan stressing that India has nothing to do with the problem there as it was Islamabad's own faultlines, the sources said.
A separate set of documents on Naved will be given to Aziz that will include his address and details of the camps where he was trained.
Naved has said he belongs to Rafiq colony in Tokianwali of Ghulam Mohamadabad in Pakistan Punjab's Faisalabad district.
He sneaked into Jammu and Kashmir on June 6-7 along with three other LeT terrorists through Nuri post in Tangmarg. They were received by a militant called Ubaida, who handed over them to another LeT militant Abu Kasim.
Naved had first undergone 21 days' terror training at LeT camp at Gari Habibullah and later a three-month training at Sahwai Nallah camp at Makaziallah.
Last week, Doval held a meeting with Home Secretary L C Goyal, Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar, Defence Secretary G Mohan Kumar and top security officials where they discussed the issues to be raised before his Pakistani counterpart. Pakistan Prime Minister's Advisor on National Security and Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz will visit India on August 23 for NSA-level talks between the two countries.
The decision to hold talks was taken when Prime Ministers of the two countries met in Ufa, Russia last month on the sidelines of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation summit.