Investigations into the Headley case is not a cricket match for which a ball-by-ball description has to be given, Union Home Minister P Chidambaram retorted on Saturday while refusing to share with the media details of the probe on Lashkar-e-Toiba's plot to carry out terror attacks in India.
The Home Minister was responding to a question on the outcome of the visit of Indian intelligence officials to the US in connection with FBI probe into LeT operative David Coleman Headley's terror designs.
"This is not a cricket match which gives a ball-by-ball description. Investigation is on and once the investigating agency completes investigations, we will share whatever has to be shared," he told reporters.
The Indian team of intelligence officials which went to the US in connection with the probe into LeT operative David Coleman Headley's terror designs has come back with "good information", he said. He, however, refused to share details, saying investigations were still underway.
The team had a good visit. They have come back with good information," he said when asked about the trip that officials from Intelligence Bureau and RAW undertook to the US last week to obtain details of the terror plan of Headley.
Officials of IB and RAW went to the US last week and met FBI counterparts to get details of the plot but had failed to question Headley, who is lodged in a Chicago jail.
Headley, 49-year-old Pakistan-born US citizen, was arrested in Chicago last month by the FBI which said he was part of an LeT plan to carry out terror attacks in India, including Delhi's National Defence College, Dehradun's Doon School and Woodstock in Mussoorie.
Along with Headley, Canadian-born Tahawwur Hussain Rana was also arrested. After the return of the Indian team, investigators here have begun unravelling details of Headley's visits here and identifying people whom he had met in Mumbai, Delhi and other places. PTI