COVID-19 Crisis: March 28, 2020 | As it happened
- Three more test positive for COVID-19 in Andaman and Nicobar Islands as the total cases in the Union Territory rose to 9, PTI quoted officials as saying.
- The death toll from the novel coronavirus in Europe has surged past 20,000.
The coronavirus death toll in the country has surpassed 1,000, news agency AFP reports.
With seven more persons testing positive, the number of coronavirus cases in Maharashtra has gone up to 167.
- Kejriwal has appealed to migrant workers who have been fleeing Delhi on foot to stay back in Delhi. "We have made adequate arrangements for food and shelter of these people. Please don't leave Delhi," he said.
- PM's lockdown call is really necessary, said Kejriwal, adding that not following the lockdown would lead to the situation getting worse.
- Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal announced that 568 schools across Delhi have been set-up as temporary food banks to help people during the lockdown.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has appealed to Indians to donate generously towards helping government's effort to fight coronavirus.
People from all walks of life expressed their desire to donate to India’s war against COVID-19.
Respecting that spirit, the Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund has been constituted. This will go a long way in creating a healthier India.— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) March 28, 2020
- "Lockdown and social distancing are important to break the chain of transmission," says Health Ministry official.
- "No vaccine in the world has reached the stage of human trials," says Health Ministry official.
- "Availability of coronavirus test kits is an important thing for us," says Health Ministry official.
- "Many states have started isolation ward across the country," says Health Ministry official
- 149 new cases emerged in last 24 hours: Health Ministry official
- 873 coronavirus cases in India so far: Health Ministry official
- 5 new positive cases of coronavirus found in Noida.
- Arrangement of 1000 buses have been done to take the migrant workers to their respective hometowns amid coronavirusLockdown. Transportation Officers, bus drivers and conductors were called by the CM last night to make all the arrangements
- PM underlined the importance of countering and fact-checking unsubstantiated claims of AYUSH having cure for the disease, adding that AYUSH scientists, ICMR, CSIR and other research organizations must come together for evidence-based research.
- Kerala reports the first coronavirus death in Kochi.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi interacts with AYUSH professionals via video conference over.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi interacts with Indian nationals evacuated from China's Wuhan.
- 2 coronavirus positive cases found in Rajasthan today - a 23-year-old man in Ajmer, who travelled to Punjab and a 21-year-old woman in Bhilwara. Total number of positive cases in the state now rises to 52.
- Kolkata Police has arrested a woman in connection with the posting of a fake social media post about a Beliaghata doctor being infected with Coronavirus.
A Dornier aircraft of Indian Navy, carrying 60 samples for #COVID19 testing, took off from INS Hansa (located near Dabolim in Goa) to Pune in Maharashtra yesterday. The samples were carried by a technician from Goa State Health department. pic.twitter.com/bmfYwkORkh— ANI (@ANI) March 28, 2020
- Maharashtra Health Ministry said, 6 new coronavirus positive cases have been found in the state today - 5 in Mumbai and 1 in Nagpur. The total number of positive cases in the state rises to 159.