Coronavirus Outbreak Highlights:
- Delhi Government to ask police to register FIR against Maulana of Markaz, Nizamuddin: Delhi Govt. Around 300-400 people had attended a religious gathering at Markaz & 163 people from Nizamuddin, likely to be infected with COVID-19, have been admitted to Lok Nayak Hospital, Delhi.
- Odisha: State Govt has approved Rs 54 lakhs from Chief Minister's Relief Fund for feeding stray animals in 5 Municipal Corporations and all 48 Municipalities of the state during Coronavirus Lockdown period.
- 3 positive cases confirmed in one family in Bellari. They are being treated at an isolated location. Total number of positive #COVID19 cases have increased to 91 in the state now: Karnataka Health Minister B Sriramulu.
- Infosys Foundation, the philanthropic & corporate social responsibility (CSR) arm of Infosys, today announced that it is committing Rs 100 cr to support efforts towards fighting COVID-19 in India. Foundation contributed half of this commitment (Rs 50 crore) to PM-CARES Fund: Infosys
- Coronavirus-positive Ludhiana woman dies at Patiala hospital; third death related to COVID-19 in Punjab
- Six people found positive for coronavirus in Uttar Pradesh's Meerut.
- Haryana govt extends service for one month of Group A, B, C & D govt employees who are going to retire on March 31 on attaining the age of superannuation: State Public Relations Department
- PM Modi interacts with Indian envoys across the globe via video conferencing
- Four more test positive for coronavirus in Gautam Buddh Nagar
- 5 more COVID19 cases confirmed in Chandigarh taking the total positive cases in the Union Territory to 13. Two of the five new cases, a couple, has history of travel to Canada. Another case is the mother of a person who had tested positive earlier: Chandigarh Administration
- West Bengal: A woman died of COVID-19 today in Darjeeling, says Superintendent of North Bengal Medical College and Hospital. This the second death due to the disease in the state.
- Delhi government promotes all students upto Class 8 to the next class
- India not yet in community transmission stage, Health Ministry clarifies
- 92 cases, 4 deaths in last 24 hours in India, Health Ministry says
- HAL has pledged Rs 20 crores from its CSR fund to PM CARES Fund. In addition to it, HAL employees have pledged their one day salary amounting to Rs. 6.25 crores. Cumulatively it works out to Rs. 26.25 crores: Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
- Baba Ramdev pledges Rs 25 crore towards Prime Minister Relief Fund
- Coronavirus: 35 Indians land in Delhi from Kabul, to be sent to ITBP quarantine facility, say, officials
- Ministry of Health & Family Welfare releases Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for transporting likely/confirmed cases of #COVID19. Release states, "This SOP is applicable to the current phase of COVID19 pandemic in India - local transmission & limited community transmission".
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare releases Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for transporting likely/confirmed cases of #COVID19. Release states, "This SOP is applicable to the current phase of COVID19 pandemic in India - local transmission & limited community transmission". pic.twitter.com/HeOrZb3rt3— ANI (@ANI) March 30, 2020
- Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad says, "Prepaid sims of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) will not be discontinued till 20th April. For outgoing calls, a Rs 10 incentive has been provided automatically from today, so that poor people & needy people continue to work".
- Mumbai University has appealed to all its teaching & non-teaching staff & staff of all affiliated colleges to donate their one day salary for the Chief Minister's COVID-19 Relief Fund.
- Four fresh positive cases of coronavirus in Kashmir; Jammu and Kashmir now has 45 COVID-19 cases
- Asian markets started the week with fresh losses as countries reported surging numbers of infections from the coronavirus that has prompted shutdowns of travel and business in many parts of the world.
- Toyota Motor Corp. said Monday its auto plants in Europe will halt production, at least until April 20, because of the new coronavirus outbreak. Its European plants are in France, Great Britain, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Turkey and Portugal.
- The spread of coronavirus in China has been stopped, official spokesperson for the National Health Commission of the People’s Republic of China, Mi Feng, was quoted by RIA Novosti.
- COVID-19 death toll rises to 29 in India, total no. of cases 1,071: Health Ministry
- Over 98% of China's major industrial firms resume work
- COVID-19 cases in US reach 142,502, reports Johns Hopkins University
- China develops nanomaterial to combat coronavirus, says report
- South Korea to grant 'disaster relief money' for households
- Food vendor held for offering coronavirus cure in Uttar Pradesh's Meerut
- Asymptomatic patients as infective as ones with COVID-19 symptoms, reveals study
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath writes to all CMs to take care of UP people living in their respective states
- Maharashtra: US returnee booked for violating home quarantine order
- No plan to extend 21-day lockdown, says government
- 1 coronavirus positive case reported from Jodhpur
- Singapore Airlines cut flights by 96%, Indian aviation sector to incur $3.6 billion loss
- People violating lockdown to buy shampoo, says Goa CM
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur donates Rs 1 lakh for the HP COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund
- Kerala government has asked Excise department to provide free treatment and admit people with withdrawal symptoms to de-addiction centers
- Noida: Kushal Pal - a resident of Barola village has waived off the rent of his 50 tenants
Noida: Kushal Pal - a resident of Barola village has waived off the rent of his 50 tenants, requesting them to not leave their residences or go back to their native place amid #CoronavirusLockdown. He also provided packets of flour to all his tenants, his driver & security guard. pic.twitter.com/zUNYhPD7V8— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) March 30, 2020
- Staying at home only way to save nation, says Manish Sisodia
- Pakistani squash great Azam Khan dies of coronavirus in London
- ITTF suspends all events till June 30, freezes world rankings due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Maharashtra COVID-19 tally jumps to 215; 12 more test positive
- 3 Indians among 42 new coronavirus cases in Singapore
- In America, President Donald Trump on Sunday extended the country's voluntary national shutdown for a month, significantly changing his tone on the coronavirus pandemic only days after musing about the country reopening in a few weeks.
- Total number of coronavirus positive cases in Pakistan rises to 1593
- Madhya Pradesh: Case registered against two coronavirus positive patients who had escaped from MRTB hospital in Indore on March 28. They were traced and brought back to the hospital yesterday
- Nepal extends lockdown by a week
- Trump extends social distancing guidelines till April 30
- Delhi: Sarvodaya Kanya Vidyalaya in Ghazipur has been converted to a temporary shelter home by the government
Delhi: Sarvodaya Kanya Vidyalaya in Ghazipur has been converted to a temporary shelter home by govt to accommodate homeless&migrant workers amid #CoronavirusLockdown. Shailendra K Nirala,Delhi Civil Defence says, "there are around 400 people here. They are from UP,Bihar&Haryana." pic.twitter.com/TsB8ZkGJlh— ANI (@ANI) March 30, 2020
- Mexico confirms 145 new coronavirus cases, 4 new deaths
CORONAVIRUS: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
For most people, the coronavirus causes mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough that clear up in two to three weeks. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia and death. The vast majority of people recover.
BEST WAY TO PREVENT CORONAVIRUS
One of the best ways to prevent spread of the virus is washing your hands with soap and water. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends first washing with warm or cold water and then lathering soap for 20 seconds to get it on the backs of hands, between fingers and under fingernails before rinsing off.