New Delhi: Four fresh cases of swine flu were reported in the national capital on Monday, taking the total figure to 9 so far this year even as health minister JP Nadda reiterated that "there is no need to panic".
Delhi health department officials said that three men, aged 70, 37 and 58, residents of Saket, Dwarka and Jor Bagh and a 30-year woman from New Delhi have tested positive for H1N1 virus.
While the three men are being treated in private hospitals, the woman is undergoing treatment at Safdarjung hospital. With nine cases reported this year, the total figure has gone up to 47 since last year.
At a high-level meeting to review the preparedness level to deal with H1N1 flu virus, Nadda directed officials of both central and state governments to stock up on necessary armamentarium to tackle cases.
The health minister stated that while there is no cause to panic, the central and state governments should be well prepared. He directed the governments to stock up on emergency requirements of medicine Oseltamivir, even though it has been for respective use, an official statement said.
"The health minister emphasized on the states having adequate quantity of personal protective equipment for health care workers as also diagnostic facilities required for testing H1N1 samples should be ensured," the statement said.
Senior officials of health and family welfare department, health research, AIIMS, Safdurjung hospital, RML hospital, NCDC and officials of Governments of Delhi and Ghaziabad were present during the meeting.
"The health minister has advised that the Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP) network should continue comprehensive and prompt reporting so that the districts or states requiring more attention can be identified," the statement said.