1. You Are At:
  2. English News
  3. India News
  4. Three employees faint due to suffocation after fire at Chhattisgarh hospital, 40 children shifted elsewhere

Three employees faint due to suffocation after fire at Chhattisgarh hospital, 40 children shifted elsewhere

While some of the children were admitted to the district hospital, around 10 kids were shifted to a private hospital, they said.

India TV News Desk India TV News Desk
New Delhi Published on: January 23, 2019 9:18 IST
Representative News Image
Image Source : REPRESENTATIVE IMAGE

Fire at Chhattisgarh hospital

A portion of the Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS) caught fire on Tuesday, officials said, adding three employees fainted due to smoke inhalation. Following the blaze, 40 children undergoing treatment in the paediatric ward of the hospital were also shifted elsewhere. The fire was caused due to a short circuit, officials said.

"The blaze started at the power control unit located under the paediatric ward in the hospital. All the children were moved to safety, but three employees who were involved in the fire-fighting operation, fainted due to suffocation. They were admitted to the same hospital for treatment," officials said.

The employees were identified as Iqbal, Rudra and Upendra, they said.

Meanwhile, the fire brigade was alerted and the flames were doused within 40 minutes.

While some of the children were admitted to the district hospital, around 10 kids were shifted to a private

hospital, they said.

Superintendent of SIMS, Dr Bhanupratap, said a newborn baby died on Tuesday during treatment, but the incident of fire has nothing to do with it.

"The baby had been shifted to SIMS from a private hospital in a critical condition on Monday and died during treatment," he said.

(With PTI inputs)

Write a comment

chandrayaan-2