Agra is famous across the world because of Taj Mahal – the symbol of love. But there is one more thing we all love about Agra – ‘Agra ka petha'
There is hardly a chance when one visits Agra and doesn't relish city's favourite dish.
What if we tell you that you don't need to wait for Agra visit to relish your favourite ‘petha', you can just prepare it all by yourself?
Surprised? Don't be, as now you can prepare the famous ‘Agra ka petha' at home quite easily with the below mentioned steps:
Kaddu (pumpkin), lemon juice, sugar, ilaichi, rose water
1. Take 1 kg pumpin (white pumpkin is preferable) and cut it into pieces after separating the seeds. Take a fork and make pores in the pumpkin pieces.
2. Take 2-3 cups of water and squeeze a lemon in it. Now soak the pumpkin pieces in it for 15 minutes and then wash them.
3. Boil some water in a pan and put these pieces in it and let them boil till they become soft and transparent. Sieve the pieces and keep them aside.
4. Simultaneously, take 2 cups of water along with 3 cups of sugar and boil it.
5. Add ½ tbsp lemon juice and 3-4 ilaichi in it and stir. Boil it till it becomes thick syrup.
6. Take the pumpkin pieces and mix them with the sugar syrup once it is prepared. Cook it for 2-3 minutes before turning off the flame.
7. Add 1 tbsp of rose water and leave it to dry for over 3-4 hours.
Voila! Sweet ‘pethas' are ready.