Pregnancy brings a drastic change into woman's life not only because she is nurturing a life in her womb but also due to mental and behavioural changes that she undergoes. During and after pregnancy, every part of your body becomes sensitive and needs extra care and attention. Hormonal changes, stretched skin and sweat can sometimes cause discomfort and irritation. One can have acne, rashes, stretch marks and dry skin after pregnancy. Hence, they should be treated right from the time symptoms appear.
These useful tips will help in keeping skin hydrated and moisturised during that phase of your life:
* Choose a mild yet effective body butter which has ingredients like cocoa butter, a natural antioxidant that soothes, hydrates and balances the skin.
* Choose a moisturiser with invigorating fragrances of rose, lavender, or jasmine that help relax the mind.
* Body butter helps to replenish and moisturise the skin more effectively than lotions, keeping the skin hydrated for longer.
* Avoid wearing synthetic and rough materials that cause rash and irritation on the skin.
* Avoid using strong soaps, instead use mild, moisturising soap which prevents the post bath dryness.
* During the initial days of breastfeeding, you may experience sore and cracked nipples. Use products with natural ingredients that are especially enriched with virgin coconut oil that helps protect the skin from cracks and fissures.
Massage your skin with sesame oil that is known for its healing and anti bacterial properties. Not just babies but mothers too should look radiant. Right?
(With IANS inputs)