Saturday, February 24, 2024
Advertisement
  1. You Are At:
  2. News
  3. Karnataka
  4. Karnataka: Bomb threat emails to Bengaluru schools turns out to be hoax, say police, Siddaramaiah seeks report

Karnataka: Bomb threat emails to Bengaluru schools turns out to be hoax, say police, Siddaramaiah seeks report

The police were informed about the email after which they swung into action and initiated searches on the campuses of the schools. The threat later was declared as hoax as nothing was found in searches.

Reported By : T Raghavan Edited By : Ashesh Mallick
Bengaluru
Updated on: December 01, 2023 15:17 IST
Bengaluru, Karnataka, Schools, bomb threat
Image Source : ANI Representative Image

Hoax bomb threat: As many as 48 schools in Bengaluru received emails on Friday (December 1) morning threatening the presence of bomb on the campuses, officials said. The police was immediately informed after which they started searching the premises of all the schools, however, nothing was found and the threat was dubbed as fake, City Police Commissioner confirmed. The police official informed after intensive searches in all the schools.

"The email claimed that explosives had been planted on school premises. We received a call from the command centre and immediately rushed our teams to schools which are located in different parts of the city. All students and staff have been safely evacuated from the school premises and a thorough search operation is being carried out," a senior police officer earlier said.

So far, nothing suspicious has been found yet and prima facie looks like it's a hoax message. Parents need not panic, our teams are on the ground, he said.

Similar kinds of email threats were received earlier this year as well, however, they turned out to be hoax.

CM Siddaramaiah reacts

On several schools in Bengaluru received bomb threats, Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah said, "Police will investigate, and I have directed them to do so. Security measures have been taken, and parents need not panic. I have instructed the police to inspect the schools and enhance security. A preliminary report has been received from the police department."

Home Minister reacts

Karnataka Home Minister Dr G Parameshwara said that all precautionary measures were being taken in the schools after the receipt of information. He also assured strict action against the perpetrators.

"At present, we have received information about 15 schools where threatening e-mails have been received, last year also such threats were received. We cannot take any risk, we are inspecting the schools and are taking all precautionary measures in schools. We will take strict action against those who are making threatening calls. We are looking into all aspects..." he said.

Deputy CM visits school

Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister DK Shivakumar visited one of the schools which received the bomb threat and sought information from the police about the situation.

"I was a bit dismayed after seeing the news on TV, as some schools I know and the one near my house were also mentioned. So I went out to check. The police have shown me the mail. Prima facie, it appears to be fake (hoax). I spoke to the police....But we should be cautious. Parents are a bit worried, no need to worry. Police are looking into it," he said.

Advertisement

Read all the Breaking News Live on indiatvnews.com and Get Latest English News & Updates from Karnataka

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement