With increasing cases of Omicron, health experts have warned everyone to take appreciated safety measures to protect themselves from the new variant of covid. Many state governments have already put restrictions on New Year celebrations as it is the need of the hour. Even after getting fully vaccinated, it is important to follow covid appropriate behaviour. The first line of defence from covid is having awareness about it. While research is still going on about Omicron, the rate at which it is spreading, WHO has already declared it a 'variant of concern.' So, it is high time you make some promises to yourself and stay protected from Covid.
Following are 10 Covid appropriate behaviour promises you should make to yourself now to protect yourself as well as those around you.
- A person should greet without physical contact
- Maintain physical distance, social distancing is a must
- Always and properly wear a mask, preferably double layered
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth and maintain hand hygiene
- Discourage crowd. Encourage safety
- Avoid unnecessary travel
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Do not circulate social media posts that carry unverified or negative information
- Seek information on covid/omicron from credible sources
- Seek psychosocial support for any stress or anxiety