1. You Are At:
  2. English News
  3. Entertainment News
  4. Bollywood News
  5. Manikarnika director Krish spills beans on Kangana Ranaut, says she wanted all for herself

Manikarnika director Krish spills beans on Kangana Ranaut, says she wanted all for herself

Manikarnika director Krish Jagarlamudi spoke at lengths about Kangana Ranaut and how she took credits for his direction.

India TV Entertainment Desk India TV Entertainment Desk
New Delhi Published on: January 26, 2019 19:02 IST
krish jagarlamudi on kangana ranaut
Image Source : YOGEN SHAH

Manikarnika director Krish spills beans on Kangana Ranaut, says she wanted all for herself

It seems like Kangana Ranaut and controversy are the two sides of the same coin. After being marred by controversies many times before, Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi is again made headlines. Director Krish Jagarlamudi who had originally shot Manikarnika, before leaving midway, has offered his opinion about what went wrong with Kangana Ranaut on the sets. He also revealed why he walked away from the project. While talking to SpotboyE, the South Indian director spoke how the film changed under Kangana Ranaut’s direction.

He said, “Kangana has done 20-25 per cent of the first half and 10-15% in the second half. I didn’t shoot a song and I didn’t shoot her entry scene. In the second half, she has even re-shot some scenes which I had done in a different way.”

Kangana Ranaut's Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi leaked online

Krish even went on saying that Kangana Ranaut had the role of other actors in the film truncated. Earlier in an interview, Kangana had revealed that she has shot for 70% of the film. She said, “Only 30% of the film (Manikarnika), the action sequences shot by Krish and Nick, has been retained and I did lot of patchwork on those too. The remaining 70% of film was shot by me.”

Krish said that the roles of Atul Kulkarni, Prajakta mali and other actors were cut under Kangana Ranaut’s direction. It was Sonu Sood’s role that caused disagreements.

Krish revealed that the film completed its edit in June and all the others had dubbed for their parts except Kangana Ranaut. After watching the film, the actress suggested for some changed. After few days, she suggested that producer Kamal Jain is not happy with the way the film panned out.

“I agreed to make some changes. We decided we needed to shoot for additional six days… And then, she suddenly rose to say that Sonu’s character should be killed at the interval point,” he added.

Controversies battled by Kangana Ranaut's Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi

According to Krish, Kangana Ranaut insisted on killing Sonu Sood’s character till interval. When he was asked if Kangana did it out of insecurity, he said, “she wanted it all for herself”.

“A few days later, I got a call from Sonu. He wanted to know if I was directing the film further or not. And then I got a call from Kamal Jain that Kangana is getting help from some guy and they will direct the film,” Krish said.

After Sonu Sood left the project, actor Swati Semwal who was playing his wife in Manikarnika also left the film.

“Kangana even told me that Zee Studios hadn’t liked what I had made. It was looking like a Bhojpuri film. I laughed. People know my previous work. We argued but she wanted her own way. I just couldn’t understand,” adding Kangana was rude over the phone and she “is rude all the time”.

Manikarnika Audience Review: Fans applaud Kangana Ranaut’s powerpacked performance in the film

Krish Jagarlamudi even went on saying that how can Kangana Ranaut sleep well taking the credit for someone else’s work.

He said, “I don’t think how Kangana can sleep well by taking the first credit in direction when she does not deserve it.”


Fight against Coronavirus: Full coverage

Write a comment