In a show of strength in his Lok Sabha constituency Varanasi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold a roadshow and take part in the Ganga `aarti’ on Thursday. On Friday, he will file his nomination papers. On Friday, during the nomination, several BJP allies, including Shiv Sena’s Uddhav Thackeray and Janata Dal-United’s Nitish Kumar, expected to accompany Modi.
PM Narendra Modi in Varanasi: Itinerary
- The prime minister will garland the statue of Banaras Hindu University founder Madan Mohan Malaviya, on Thursday.
- On Thursday, at around 3 pm, the roadshow will begin.
- At about 7 pm at the Dashashwamedh Ghat, the procession will end, where Modi will take part in the evening prayers.
- On Friday, at a hotel in the cantonment area, PM Modi will hold a meeting at 9 am with Bharatiya Janata Party workers.
- After that, he will offer prayers at the Kaal Bhairav temple before leaving for the collectorate to file his papers, seeking re-election from the Lok Sabha seat.
- Senior leaders from the BJP and other parties in the National Democratic Alliance will accompany Modi to the collectorate.
There are rumors that this time the Congress may field its general secretary Priyanka Gandhi against PM Modi. During the 2014 general polls, Modi won the seat by a margin of over three lakh votes against Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal.