Bank Holidays in October 2023: Banks are going to be closed for several days in the month of October. As many festivals will fall during this period, if you are planning to get important bank work done, then before that you should definitely find out about the holidays falling in October month.
There are going to be bumper holidays for banks due to the celebration of many festivals. So, the work of customers related to several banks may be affected badly. In such a situation, if you also have to do any important work related to the bank, then get it done as soon as possible.
As per the instructions of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), banks will remain closed on all public holidays and some regional holidays depending on the particular state. Regional holidays are decided by the state government. According to the list of holidays of Reserve Bank of India (RBI), there will be a total of over 15 days of holidays in the next month.
This also includes Saturday and Sunday holidays. Actually, there are fiv Sundays falling in the month of October. Along with this, there is a bank holiday on second and fourth Saturday i.e. these seven holidays are fixed in the entire country.
When will banks remain closed in October? | READ
- 2 October 2023, Monday, Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti
- 12 October 2023, Sunday- Naraka Chaturdashi (celebrated in several states)
- 14 October 2023, Second Saturday, Mahalaya (Mainly in Karnataka, Odisha, Tripura and West Bengal)
- 15 October 2023, Sunday- Ghatasthapana (celebrated in several states)
- 15 October 2023, Sunday- Maharaja Agrasen Jayanti (Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan)
- 18 October 2023, Wednesday- Kati Bihu (Assam)
- 19 October 2023, Tuesday- Samvatsari Festival (Gujarat)
- 21 October 2023, Saturday- Durga Puja (Maha Saptami)
- 22 October 2023, Sunday- Maha Ashtami (Many states across India)
- 23 October 2023, Monday- Maha Navami / Ayudha puja
- 24 October 2023, Tuesday- Dussehra/ Vijayadashami)/ Durga Puja
- 25 October 2023, Wednesday, Durga Puja (Dasai)
- 26 October 2023, Thursday, Durga Puja (Dasai )/Accession Day
- 27 October 2023, Friday, Durga Puja (Dasai)
- 28 October 2023- Fourth Saturday, Lakshmi Puja, Pargat Diwas
- 31 October 2023, Tuesday, Birthday of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
Work can be completed online:
Despite banks being closed, customers can complete many types of work digitally. Bank holidays have no effect on digital services like UPI, Mobile Banking, or Internet Banking. In such a situation, if any of your work can be done digitally, holidays will have no effect on it. You can complete your work comfortably anywhere.