Bank Holiday February 2021: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced the list of banks' holidays in the month of February, 2021. In this month, banks will remain closed for at least 12 days, including four Sundays, two Saturdays. Of these, six holidays will be observed at different regions in February.
However, in this month, there is no national holiday on which banks across the country will remain closed. Several occasions like Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti, Md Hazrat Ali birth anniversary, Basant Panchami, etc will be celebrated in the month of February due to which banks will remain closed.
The bank will remain closed under three brackets –Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act; Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act and Real Time Gross Settlement Holiday; and Banks’ Closing of Accounts.
However, some bank holidays may vary from state to state. Even as the bank branches will remain closed, customers can still complete transactions through online modes. Mobile and internet banking will remain functional as usual.
List of Bank Holidays in February 2021
- 12 February 2021: Friday - Sonam Losar - Sikkim
- 13 February 2021: Second Saturday
- 15 February 2021: Monday - Louis Nagai Ni - Manipur
- 16 February 2021: Tuesday - Vasant Panchami - Haryana, Odisha, Punjab, Tripura and West Bengal
- 19 February 2021: Friday - Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti - Maharashtra
- 20 February 2021: Saturday - Arunachal and Mizoram State Day - Arunachal and Mizoram
- 26 February 2021: Friday - Hazrat Ali Jayanti - Uttar Pradesh
- 27 February 2021: Fourth Saturday, Guru Ravidas Jayanti - Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana and Punjab