New Delhi: While Xiaomi launched the Redmi Note 3 in India at a price starting Rs. 9,999, the company's Vice President Hugo Barra had announced that the flagship Mi 5 will be launched next month.
Xiaomi's India head Manu Kumar Jain also has revealed that the number of registrations for the smartphone has crossed 350,000 in just 24 hours.
Xiaomi had unveiled the Mi 5 at MWC 2016 last month and the smartphone went on sale in China earlier this month. Barra did not disclose the exact date of the launch but it will surely be released in April. Xiaomi also disclosed that it had received 16.8 million registrations for the first flash sale.
In China, the 32GB variant was priced at 1,999 Yuan (approximately Rs 20,900), the 64GB variant at 2,299 Yuan (approximately Rs 24,100) and the 128GB variant with 4GB RAM at 2,699 Yuan (approximately Rs 28,300). But you will have to wait another month for the flagship device, although the wait is worth it.
Here are the 5 features you need to know about Mi 5:
• The Mi5 comes with a 5.15-inch Full HD IPS display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution including key Xiaomi standouts like Sunlight Display.
• The smartphone takes major design cues from the Mi Note. The company is offering the smartphone in two options – the top-end comes with a 3D ceramic body, while the base variant boasts of a 3D glass surface.
• It is powered by Qualcomm's latest mobile processor Snapdragon 820. It will be available in 2 RAM variants: 3GB and 4GB.
• The Mi5 will come with a 16-megapixel camera on the rear with 4-axis optical image stabilisation, phase detection autofocus and LED flash. It will also have a Sony IMX298 sensor, 4K video recording capabilities, four-axis OIS technology, PDAF, and dual-tone LED flash. It will have a 4-megapixel selfie camera with 2-micron pixels for selfies and live beautification mode even in videos.
• It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow-based MIUI 7. The device comes with a 3,000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 support, fingerprint scanner, and connectivity options like dual-SIM card slots, 4G LTE support, Wi-Fi, IR Blaster, USB Type-C port and NFC.