New Delhi: Tata's full service carrier in partnership with Singapore Airlines Vistara will take to the skies from January 9 by operating daily flights to Mumbai and Ahmedabad from here, a company official said Friday.
"We have started booking online and through distribution channels for daily service on Delhi-Mumbai-Delhi and Delhi-Ahmedabad-Delhi routes from Jan 9 on board a new Airbus A320-200 aircraft," the official said.
The company is offering 16 seats in business cabin, 36 in premium economy and 96 in economy class in the 148-seater aircraft.
"We are the first full service carrier in the country to offer premium economy class and not levy separately for fuel surcharge on our tickets," the official claimed.
The new airline will also offer frequent flyer programme for accruing loyalty points on actual spend on the ticket fare than miles travelled.
Vistara's distribution partners include Abacus, Amadeus and Travelport, which will enable customers to book via all major travel portals.
"Activation of distribution channels is our first interface with customer and a beginning of a long journey to fulfil our brand promise of seamless travel experience," airline chief executive Phee Teik Yeoh said in a statement later.
Global software major Wipro will manage the customer service centre for enquiries, reservations, ticketing and club class, while TCS will take care of its front and back office operations and Amadeus Altea suite will power travel reservations, inventory management, airport departure control system and revenue management.
Tata Sons holds the majority stake (51 percent) in the joint venture and the rest (49 percent) is held by Singapore Airlines.
Regulatory authority DGCA Monday granted the air operator permit to Vistara to begin its commercial operations across the country.