New Delhi, June 29: Reliance Communications has announced that it will be selling Apple's iPhone 5 through its stores. Till date, Apple has only joined hands with Airtel and Aircel for its smartphones.
To sweeten the deal on the iPhone handsets, the service provider will also offer 3G data plans with as much as 50 per cent discounts. The schemes of Rs 304, Rs 504, Rs 804 and Rs 1004, will tag along free 2GB, 3GB, 6GB and 10GB data, respectively. The 4S and 4 versions of the iDevice will also be made available through the company-owned retail stores.
Apple's iPhone 5 is touted to be the thinnest and lighest iPhone ever, completely redesigned to feature a stunning new 4-inch Retina display; an Apple-designed A6 chip for blazing fast performance; and ultrafast wireless technology, all while delivering even better battery life.
Important features of iPhone 5 include:
* An A6 chip that gives up to twice the CPU and graphics performance of the 4S
* LTE/DC-HSDPA based wireless
* An updated 8-megapixel camera with a sapphire crystal lens cover
* Panorama feature for capturing panorama images of up to 28 MP with a sweep of the device
* A new FaceTime HD camera for capturing 1.2 MP stills and 720p video at up to 30 fps
* A new Maps app to compete with Google Maps that features turn-by-turn navigation and a new Flyover view
* New noise canceling tech for reducing background noise alongside a new beam-forming, directional microphone
* Addressing one of the biggest criticisms of Apple's mobile devices there are newly designed EarPods
* Siri has been upgraded to include support for more languages and provide access to things such as sports scores, restaurant recommendations and movie listings