Indian TV Samvaad
  1. You Are At:
  2. Home
  3. Business News
  4. Australian woman electrocuted while using iPhone

Australian woman electrocuted while using iPhone

New Delhi, July 25: A 20-year-old Australian woman has been hospitalised in Sydney after she got a shock from her iPhone, according to media reports.The woman from Sydney's north was taken to Royal North Shore

PTI [ Updated: July 25, 2013 17:40 IST ]
australian woman electrocuted while using iphone
australian woman electrocuted while using iphone

New Delhi, July 25: A 20-year-old Australian woman has been hospitalised in Sydney after she got a shock from her iPhone, according to media reports.




The woman from Sydney's north was taken to Royal North Shore Hospital in a stable condition, the spokeswoman of New South Wales (NSW) Ambulance was quoted as saying in reports.

It is not known if the phone was plugged in to a charger at the time, she said, adding that the paramedics had responded to a number of shocks from mobile phone chargers this year.

Inspector John Brotherhood said it only took a small shock to interfere with your heart.

"Basically, if the jolt moves you, if it takes your breath away or if it's at all a cause for concern, you need to get it checked out," he said.

The incident comes a week after technology giant Apple announced it will launch an investigation into claims that an iPhone electrocuted a Chinese flight attendant who was making a call while charging her iphone.

NSW Ambulance attended 232 Triple Zero calls for electric shocks between January 1 and June 30 this year, reports said.

Live Indian Premier League (IPL) 2018: FULL COVERAGE

VIVO IPL 2018: Click here to get Live Score Updates, Ball-by-Ball Commentary, Schedule, Points Table, Match Timing and Match Analysis.

Promoted Content
Indian T20 League 2018