The much-awaited smartphone from the OnePlus series, OnePlus 5 was unveiled in India on Thursday. Termed as among the most powerful devices, the OnePlus 5 comes in an 8GB variant and packs a Snapdragon 835 processor along with a dual-lens rear camera system. Pete Lau, founder and CEO of OnePlus, speaking on the launch of the phone, said: "The OnePlus 5 showcases our obsessive attention to detail and our focus on delivering the best user experience possible.” The company claimed that the Snapdragon 835 is a perfect match for the OnePlus 5, and said that that it was the first smartphone that comes with a 10nm mobile processor.
The phone is 35 per cent smaller than previous versions and consumes 25 per cent less battery power. "The dual-camera bridges the gap between DSLR and smartphone. It has the highest resolution than any dual camera smartphone," said Kyle Jung, Global Marketing Head, OnePlus.
OnePlus 5: 10 things to about the smartphone
1) OnePlus 5 will be available in two variants --- 6GB RAM/64GB memory and 8GB RAM/128GB memory and is priced at Rs 32,999 and Rs 37,999, respectively.
2) The device is exclusively available in an early access sale on Amazon from 4.30 p.m. on June 22.
3) OnePlus 5 is powered by Octacore Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor. It also supports 34 GSM network bands, giving users seamless connectivity around the globe.
4) The device will house 16MP+20MP rear dual-camera combination and 16MP front shooter. The company claimed that OnePlus 5 has the highest smartphone camera resolution yet.
6) The 3300mAh battery lasts up to 20 per cent longer than its predecessor OnePlus 3T. At 7.25 mm, it is the thinnest OnePlus flagship ever and is available in midnight black and slate gray colour.
7) The fingerprint scanner, which is also the home button, can unlock the phone in 0.2 seconds, the company claimed.
8) OnePlus 5 will be available across India beginning on June 27 on Amazon.in, OnePlus.in and across OnePlus experience stores in Delhi and Bengaluru.
9) The 5.5-inch full-HD optic Amoled display smartphone comes with a "Dash Charge" technology that gives a day's power in half-hour charging.
10) The company also launched a range of new backpacks at the event.