An eight-day period known as Holashtak is observed prior to Holi. It falls on Ashtami tithi of Phalguna month, Shukla Paksha, and continues till Purnima, that is, Holika Dahan. This 8 day period before the festival of Holi is considered inauspicious and no Shubh Karya or auspicious work is held during this period. Also, major planetary changes occur during Holastak. Planets become furious and start giving negative or opposite results. In such a situation, the inauspicious results of the planets do not allow any auspicious work to be completed.
During Holashtak, the Moon, Sun, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn and Rahu come in a fiery state and give opposite results to the natives, but in the Brahmanda Purana, it has been informed that by taking some special measures, the native Navagraha can be calmed.
Let us know those remedies and mantra sources by which Navagraha peace can be achieved in Holashtak.
1. Offer water to the Sun God regularly
2. Recite Navagraha Peedahar Stotra and Aditya Hridaya Stotra
3. Donate gold and copper.
4. Gift something to your parents to pacify the planet Sun.
5. Donate jaggery to a poor person.
6. Donate milk, rice and silver items for the peace of the moon.
7. Donate curd, ghee and camphor to calm Venus planet.
8. For the peace of Mars, put a red flag in the east direction of the house.
9. For the peace of the Guru, float coconut in the running water.
10 For Shani's peace, offer oil to Lord Shani and feed the blind.
Maintain sattvic thoughts and behaviour throughout the eight days of Holashtak. Serve the needy and do no harm to anyone.