Badal, who is also the state sports minister, said that teams from 16 nations will compete in the 15-day event in the men's section and seven in the women's competition.
The men's teams are from Afghanistan, Argentina, Canada, Denmark, England, Iran, Italy, Kenya, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Scotland, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, the US and hosts India.
The top three teams in the men's kabaddi will get prizes of Rs.2 crore, Rs.1 crore and Rs.51 lakh.
In the women's section, the teams are from Canada, Denmark, England, Malaysia, Turkmenistan, the US and India. The top three teams in the women's event will get prizes of Rs.51 lakh, Rs.31 lakh and Rs.21 lakh respectively.
The matches will be played at Bathinda, Patiala, Hoshiarpur, Amritsar, Doda (Muktsar), Sangrur, Roopnagar, Chohla Sahib (Tarn Taran), Fazilka, Gurdaspur, Mansa, Jalandhar and Ludhiana, Badal told reporters here.
Pakistan Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif will give away prizes at the closing ceremony at Ludhiana on Dec 15.
Badal said he has issued directions that the event be free from drugs use. Promising a dope-free tournament, he said the services of National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) have been requisitioned to conduct regular tests on the players.
He said that players failing the dope test would be barred for two years, besides losing prize and participation money.
From Our Network
- Ayaz Promised He Wouldn't Speed, Says Azhar's Friend Jwala Gutta
- Watch: 'You're not happy India won', captain cool Dhoni fumes at journalist
- IPL 8: Glenn Maxwell has disappointed himself: George Bailey
- Sachin Tendulkar prays for flood victims, says Chennai is fighting back
- Ahmed Shehzad acted like Afridi's servant: Former PCB chief
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special