As protesters opposed to his visit clashed with police outside the Shri Ram College of Commerce here, he sought to commend the Gujarat model of governance to the rest of the country.
Modi, who is being projected by some BJP leaders as a Prime Ministerial candidate, contended that there was a sense of despondency all over the country and exuded confidence that the situation can be changed.
“There is a sense of despondency in the country. People feel nothing would change here. All are thieves, everything they do is waste. People consider it a curse to be born in India. They want to leave the country soon after completing their studies,” Modi said delivering the Shri Ram Memorial Oration.
From Our Network
- Jasprit Bumrah vaults to career best No 2 spot in ICC T20I rankings
- Black money: Govt unearths Rs 13,000 crore hidden in foreign bank accounts
- Was advised to retire after Beijing Olympics: Sushil Kumar
- Kareena Kapoor Khan has some serious relationship advice for Alia Bhatt
- India joins MTCR, first entry into any multilateral export control regime