As protesters opposed to his visit clashed with police outside the Shri Ram College of Commerce here, he sought to commend the Gujarat model of governance to the rest of the country.
Modi, who is being projected by some BJP leaders as a Prime Ministerial candidate, contended that there was a sense of despondency all over the country and exuded confidence that the situation can be changed.
“There is a sense of despondency in the country. People feel nothing would change here. All are thieves, everything they do is waste. People consider it a curse to be born in India. They want to leave the country soon after completing their studies,” Modi said delivering the Shri Ram Memorial Oration.
From Our Network
- Tanmay Bhat’s ‘controversial’ video finally has a reaction from Lata Mangeshkar herself!
- Just 1 movie crosses Rs 100 cr mark in 2016. Is Bollywood losing its charm?
- You have seen intriguing poster of ‘Dishoom’. Now, know the plot of this John Abraham-Varun Dhawan film
- Bipasha Basu’s sisters cried because of Karan Singh Grover at their wedding. Know why!
- 1,780 km rail lines commissioned, 6,000 km highways built in 2015-16