Not only corrupt politicians, but also musclemen like Pappu Yadav have entered our legislatures so much so that a person like the late Prime Minister Inder Kumar Gujaral had once remarked in Parliament that he had to look over his shoulders to look whether there was a criminal sitting in the benches behind him or not.
For this article, we confine ourselves to corruption. Let's have a look at those politicians who are facing serious charges of corruption in lawcourts. One one hand we have activists like Anna Hazare who is fighting for a truly Jan Lok Pal Bill, and on the other hand we have persons like Suresh Kalmadi and A Raja, who have become blots on the image of politicians.
From Our Network
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM candidate: Prashant Kishor trying to kill two birds with one stone?
- Honesty punished, dishonesty rewarded in party: TMC MP Dinesh Trivedi
- Skill India: Top 6 quotes of PM Modi
- Major change in ‘Pak policy’? Govt says no problem in Hurriyat talking to Islamabad
- Play active role for village development, use Centre’s resources: PM Modi
- Adorable! Ranveer Singh calls Deepika Padukone ‘meri wali’
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- After Jennifer Winget, Karan Singh Grover’s first wife Shraddha Nigam speaks up on his wedding with Bipasha Basu
- Is Anushka Sharma’s ‘Sultan’ teaser COPIED from this short film?
- Not Ankita Lokhande’s ‘distrust’ but Sushant Singh Rajput’s ‘disloyalty’ led to their break-up?