The BJP has drawn the attention of the Election Commission to such objectionable epithets against its chief minister seeking a record third term in Gujarat.
On Friday, maverick Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar called Modi a 'Lahu Purush' (bloodman) for the 2002 Gujarat riots. Modi is often projected by BJP men as Lauh Purush (Iron Man) and often compare him with India's first Home Minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
At Porbander, Mani Shankar Aiyar likened Modi to Ravan and mockingly referred to him as 'Lahu Purush'. Aiyar said, "Modi is not an Iron Man (Loh Purush) but a ‘Lahu Purush'. He is a ‘Paani Purush' and thrives on lies. He spends 25,000 dollars everyday for his image makeover."
"Modi has engaged a world renowned PR agency and is paying a hefty sum to it to build his image at the cost of tax payers of the state. That is the reason this image of lohpurush (iron man). What lohpurush... he is just a pani purush (man like water)," Aiyer said at a meeting in Porbander on Saturday.
From Our Network
- Know who said what on Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video mocking Tendulkar & Lataji
- Alia Bhatt swims against the tide, defends Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video
- Amitabh Bachchan speaks up on bahu Aishwarya’s ‘purple lips’, says ‘What’s wrong with that’
- Fresh pair in town: Sunny Leone to romance this ‘Khan’ in ‘Tera Intezaar’
- Shah Rukh Khan avoids Mumbai traffic in the most UNBELIEVABLE way