New Delhi: Narendra Modi, born on 17 september, 1950 to a family of grocers in Vadnagar, Mehsana district, is the 15th Prime Minister of India.
Modi is both an ‘enigma' and an ‘open book' for his supporters as well as his detractors.
Nobody can explain what exactly makes him so popular among hoi-polloi. At the same time, he is widely known as a person who wears his heart on his sleeves.
Even his opponents admire him for his bold and fearless stand on sensitive issues that can dent his carefully crafted image of a no-nonsense man.
No other Chief Minister in India evokes as much hatred as Narendra Modi but at the same time no other Chief Minister commands as much respect as Narendra Modi.
The hatred for Modi is community specific but he is admired across communities and his popularity transcends all barriers of caste, community and religion.
On his 65th birthday, let's have a look at some of the little known facts relating to Narendra Modi who is positioning himself as a serious contender for Indian polity's most sought after 'hot seat' in 2014 general elections:
From Our Network
- AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya arrested for for allegedly 'slapping' a 60-year-old man
- Start negotiations to ‘leave’ as soon as possible, EU chiefs tell Britain
- IIFA awards: Fawad Khan goes down on his knees for Deepika Padukone
- Inhuman! Woman, lover tied naked in public while mob clicks pictures
- Centre’s SIT likely to reopen 186 anti-Sikh riot cases