Headley, 52, Washington born son of a Pakistani diplomat and an American mother, "not only worked at the direction of Lashkar-e-Taiba for years, but also with members of Al Qaeda," prosecutors told US District Judge Harry Leinenweber.
Leinenweber Thursday sentenced Headley to 35 years in prison in line with the prosecution recommendations, which had suggested a 30-35 year term citing "significant cooperation" provided by Headley to US government's efforts to combat terrorism.
From Our Network
- Here's how Indian Railway coaches will look in future (see pics)
- Kerala Principal furious after students prepare ‘grave’, sprinkle it with flowers as 'retirement gift'
- Punjab: All women above 40 will be examined for breast cancer
- World War II bomb defused in Munich
- 12-year-old Kota boy qualifies for International Biology Olympiad
- Is this the actual reason behind Sushant Singh Rajput and Ankita Lokhande’s break-up?
- Did Daddy David stop Varun Dhawan from living-in with girlfriend Natasha?
- KRK has something to say about Karan Singh Grover’s third marriage with Bipasha Basu
- Shiv Sena's alliance with BJP for Hindutva, not power: Uddhav Thackeray
- Rahul Gandhi bought 2 shops at market rates: Emaar MGF