Headley, 52, Washington born son of a Pakistani diplomat and an American mother, "not only worked at the direction of Lashkar-e-Taiba for years, but also with members of Al Qaeda," prosecutors told US District Judge Harry Leinenweber.
Leinenweber Thursday sentenced Headley to 35 years in prison in line with the prosecution recommendations, which had suggested a 30-35 year term citing "significant cooperation" provided by Headley to US government's efforts to combat terrorism.
From Our Network
- ‘Queen’ of ‘Lies’? Not only age, Kangana Ranaut lied about getting Rs 11 crore for Rangoon too?
- Wait-listed in Rajdhani Express, get an Air India booking
- Delhi: PM Modi, Amit Shah in favour of fresh polls
- Salman Khan fought with real wrestlers in 'Sultan', says it used to hurt
- A.R. Rahman to Arjit Singh: Salman Khan’s bad blood with musicians is not new. Here’s proof