Headley, 52, Washington born son of a Pakistani diplomat and an American mother, "not only worked at the direction of Lashkar-e-Taiba for years, but also with members of Al Qaeda," prosecutors told US District Judge Harry Leinenweber.
Leinenweber Thursday sentenced Headley to 35 years in prison in line with the prosecution recommendations, which had suggested a 30-35 year term citing "significant cooperation" provided by Headley to US government's efforts to combat terrorism.
From Our Network
- Economist or Banker? 7 candidates likely to succeed Rajan at RBI
- India joins MTCR, first entry into any multilateral export control regime
- Nokia appoints Sanjay Malik to lead its India business
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai's Quora account hacked
- Sheila Dikshit ‘turns down’ Congress’ offer to be CM face for UP polls: report