New Delhi: The dreaded terror outfit Islamic State has crucified, Thomas Uzhunnali, the Indian-catholic priest on Good Friday, Washington Times reported.
His execution was reportedly done in the same method that Romans were believed to use on Jesus on Good Friday.
The report claims that his execution was confirmed at the Easter Vigil Mass by Cardinal Christoph Schonborn of Vienna.
Uzhunnali was abducted in Yemen on March 4 after ISIS allegedly attacked a care home run by Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity where he served as a chaplain.
The external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj had earlier said the government was desperately trying to rescue the priest.
The minister’s remarks came as reports claim that the terror group planned to execute the priest on Good Friday.
Mrs Swaraj said: “Father Tom Uzhunnalil - an Indian national from Kerala was abducted by a terror group in Yemen. We are making all efforts to secure his release."
From Our Network
- Candid Confession: When Abhishek shied away from taking Aradhya’s responsibility and said ‘bye’ to Ash
- Wait-listed in Rajdhani Express, get an Air India booking
- Telugu Cinema witnesses turmoil as fans of film stars abuse each other on Internet
- 90's vs Present: 7 life posters to compare both eras, #5 is a must watch!
- Pranab Mukherjee recalls Indian support to China's UN membership