The Ghaziabad Municipal Corporation (GMC) approved a revised pet dog policy on Tuesday. The civic body officials addressed the dog-human conflict issues in the board meeting in Ghaziabad.
According to media reports, the GMC brought several new provisions to deal with the dog menace.
Here are the highlights of the new guidelines
- Only two pet dogs will be allowed on a 182sqm private unit
- Four dogs will be allowed on a 273sqm private unit
- Not more than four pet dogs will be allowed in any unit
- The new norms will be applicable within residential societies as well
- RWAs and AOAs will be responsible for stray dogs in society
- RWAs and AOAs will identify feeding points for stray dogs in consultation with dog lovers
- The registration of pet dogs is now mandatory
- GMC's new norms say that dog owners should ensure their pets are vaccinated and attach that certificate with the form to apply for the licence.
- Dog owners will be charged Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 for renewal
- A penalty of Rs 10,000 for the violating of dog policy
- Rs 5,000 per year will be charged for the license