New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj today made it clear that there will be no NSA-level talks unless Pakistan assures India by tonight that only terror will be on the agenda.
“Give us assurance that only terror will be discussed by tonight or there will be no talks,” Sushma said.
“The talks between the national security advisers of India and Pakistan must focus only on terrorism,” she added.
The minister quoted the Ufa statement and said the talks between the two NSAs had to be only on terrorism.
"Keeping in mind the spirit of Ufa, don't make Hurriyat a third party to the talks, and don't expand the subject of talks beyond terrorism," the minister said.
"Come and talk on terror, you are welcome," she added.
Sushma Swaraj was addressing media persons in New Delhi after Sartaj Aziz, Pakistan NSA, briefed Pakistani media in Islamabad about his proposed India visit starting tomorrow.
Aziz asserted that he was ready to travel to India but Pakistan will not accept any precondition put forward by India. India had issued an advisory asking him not to meet Hurriyat leaders during his New Delhi visit.
HIGHLIGHTS OF SUSHMA SWARAJ'S PRESS CONFERENCE:
* Talks will not happen if Pakistan does not agree with Ufa & Shimla spirit: Sushma Swaraj
* Give us assurance that only terror will be discussed by tonight or there will be no talks: Sushma Swaraj
* They will give us a dossier, we'll give them a live person(Pak terrorist Naveed): Sushma Swaraj
* India is not putting any pre-conditions. Only reminding there will be no talks on Kashmir now. It will be only on terror: Sushma Swaraj
* Sartaj Aziz should come if he agrees with India on the points made by us: Sushma Swaraj
* There can be no 3rd party to talks, as per Simla Agreement: Sushma Swaraj
* There will be no room for third parties, talks will be on terror only: Sushma Swaraj
* One meeting was between DG BSF and Pak rangers for peace at the border, the other was of DGMOs for ceasefire violations: Sushma Swaraj
* 3 meetings were decided in Ufa, out of which one meeting was 'NSA level talks' on terror: Sushma Swaraj
* We made it clear on August 18th no agenda beyond terrorism at talks.Sartaj Aziz says we want to run from talks,not true: Sushma Swaraj
* Pakistan carried out 90+ ceasefire violations. Then Gurdaspur & Udhampur: Sushma Swaraj
* Decided not to cancel talks despite pressure: Sushma Swaraj
* PMs decided at Ufa that terror& talks would be delinked, and counter-terrorism and LoC violations to be discussed at NSA level: Sushma Swaraj
* All talks stopped after 2012 LoC beheading: Sushma Swaraj
* Composite dialogue ended after 26/11 attacks, when dialogue was resumed but Mumbai trial progress was added to discussion: Sushma Swaraj
* There were 8 topics to to the original talk that was initiated with Pakistan by the Vajpayee government: Sushma Swaraj
* Every time we have talks with Pakistan,that doesnt constitute a dialogue: Sushma Swaraj
* EAM Sushma Swaraj addressing media on India-Pakistan NSA Talks.