Devendra Fadnavis has resigned as the Chief Minister of Maharashtra. Fadnavis announced his resignation in a press conference which was held moments after Ajit Pawar's resignation as the Deputy CM.
Highlights from Devendra Fadnavis' Press Conference
- The hunger for power is such that now Shiv Sena leaders are even willing to ally with Sonia Gandhi.
- After this, I'll go to Raj Bhavan and tender my resignation. I wish them all the best whoever will form the govt. But that will be a very unstable govt as there is a huge difference of opinions.
- We waited for the Shiv Sena for a long time but they didn't respond and instead talked to Congress-NCP. People who never stepped outside Matoshree (Thackeray residence) to meet anyone were going door to door to make a government with NCP and Congress.
- We realised we don't have the numbers and we don't want to indulge in horse-trading.
- We don't have a majority after Ajit Pawar's resignation as Dy CM.
- Will go to the Raj Bhawan and tender my resignation.
- BJP will become the voice of the people as Opposition.
- NCP's Ajit Pawar gave his resignation leading to the realisation we don't have the numbers.