Shanghai: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today addressed more than 5000 people at the Indian Community Reception in Shanghai.
Today is the last day of Modi's three-day visit to neighbouring China.
Highlights of Modi's speech:
- 2016 is the year of China coming to India. Just like 2015 was the year of India visiting China.
- The best part of my visit were the meetings I had with the youth, at two different functions.
- It seems there is a mini-India right here in front of me, in Shanghai.
- India and China represent one third of humanity. Together we can be a force of good for the entire world. Imperative that we increase people to people contact between India and China.
- People trust me more because this is the 1st year of a full majority government, and we have done a lot of work. Every moment of my time is for the 125 crore people of India.
- World is our family, we're all brothers. Languages may be different, the eyes, the nose and the complexion too may be different.
- The world is watching as India and China together are standing up to give a new hope to the world.
- Today everyone in the world will be surprised that Indians in China are living in such a loving and peaceful manner.
- Times have changed. Therefore China and India together hold the potential to help the world with the problems it faces.
- Last year this time the world reverberated - 'dukh bhare din beetay re bhaiya'. I had not imagined that a year later on the same day (16th May) I would get an opportunity like this.