Mumbai terror attack mastermind and JuD chief Hafiz Saeed on Saturday alleged that the US has made a plot against his "charities" and that is the reason why the Pakistani government is acting against them.
Days before the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) meeting in Paris where Islamabad avoided being placed in a terror financing watch-list, Pakistan had amended the anti-terror legislation through a presidential ordinance to include all UN-listed individuals and groups in the national listings of proscribed outfits and persons.
- Hafiz Saeed's seminaries, dispensaries taken over in Punjab
- Pakistan govt taking 'illegal' action to 'please India and US', will move court: Hafiz Saeed
- Will challenge govt's 'illegal' action in court, says Hafiz Saeed
- Pakistan PM reluctant to take stern action against Hafiz Saeed's JuD and FIF: Report
Saeed said the Presidential ordinance had been passed to cripple the JuD's "patriotic" work because the US and several other external forces were not happy with the JuD volunteers working for Pakistan through their educational institutions, ambulances and hospitals.
"We united the nation against America, that's why the US administration is unwilling to further tolerate the JuD's effective role in the country," Saeed said in a statement.
Saeed, who was released from house arrest in Pakistan in November, carries a $10 million bounty on his head.
"If Pakistan keeps surrendering to the US demands, the time is not far when such forces will force it to roll-back its nuclear programme," he said.
The JuD is believed to be the front organisation for the LeT which is responsible for carrying out the Mumbai attack that killed 166 people. It was declared a foreign terrorist organisation by the US in June 2014.