Donald Trump’s statement about banning entry of Muslims into US has returned to his website once again after a brief unexplained disappearance.
Immediately after Donald Trump emerged victorious in US presidential elections, various changes were made to his campaign website including removal of page titled “Donald J. Trump Statement on Preventing Muslim Immigration”.
Trump had made the call to temporarily ban Muslims shortly after the November 2015 Paris attacks until he figured out “what the hell was going on”.
“Donald J Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on,” the statement issued on his behalf last year in December said.
The page, which was available on the morning of the Nov 8 election according to online caches, started redirecting to a page encouraging voters to donate to Trump's campaign.
However, it was restored Thursday afternoon after what Trump's staff characterized as a technical glitch.
“The website was temporarily redirecting all specific press release pages to the homepage. It is currently being addressed and will be fixed shortly,” Trump’s campaign told the Washington Post.