Mughal Gardens renamed: The Central government renamed the Mughal Garden at Rashtrapati Bhavan to 'Amrit Udyan'. The decision came on Saturday in line with the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav-- an initiative of the Government of India to celebrate and commemorate 75 years of independence and the glorious history of its people, culture and achievements.
According to the reports, the newly renamed garden will be inaugurated by President Droupadi Murmu on Sunday, January 29. "On the occasion of the celebrations of 75 years of Independence as 'Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav', the President of India has given a common name to the Rashtrapati Bhavan gardens as 'Amrit Udyan'," said Navika Gupta, Deputy Press Secretary to President.
Check astonishing video and pictures of Amrit Udyan here:
The garden is located on the premises of the official residence of the President of India and is considered a beautiful mixture of Mughal and British styles. The place harbours a vivid exhibition of different forms of flora and was developed by the British architect Sir Edwin Lutyens for Lady Harding.
Spread over an area of 15 acres, this garden is famous for hundreds of varieties of flowers and is open to the public once a year during the months of February and March.
Amrit Udyan opening date 2023
For the public, the 'Amrit Udyan' gate will open on February 12, 2023. As per the official website of PM Modi Yojana, the gate will close on March 16, 2023. To visit the garden, you can book the tickets online.
'Amrit Udyan' ticket booking with HOHO Bus (as per the official website):
You can book your 'Amrit Udyan' Ticket in just 5 minutes by following simple steps. Here are simple steps.
- In the first place, you have to visit the Official Website of Rashtrapati Bawan.
- Then you have to click on 'Amrit Udyan' Visit (During Udyanotsav)
- First Register yourself/your group at the Rashtrapati Bhawan website.
- 'Amrit Udyan' Visit (During Udyanotsav)
- After that book HOHO Delhi Tour.
- You can also visit the official website of HOHO Bus. http://hohodelhi.com
Amrit Udyan' Online ticket booking
- First, go to the official website of Amrit Udyan ticket booking http://rashtrapatisachivalaya.gov.in/rbtour/
- You will find three circuits of travelling. You have to select Mughal Garden Visit (During Udyanotsav)
- After that, you have to Fill out the required details like Name, Date of visit, etc.
- Then Registered yourself by submitting your photo id.
- You were not asked for a fee under the registration process.
- Please note that same-day registration is not allowed, register at least one day before the visit date.
Guidelines For The Amrit Udyan
- Amrit Udyan’s opening date is from 12 February to 16 March 2023.
- You have to register yourself on the official website within 24 hours to visit. Same-day registration is not allowed.
- To register visit: Rbtour/mughal-garden/. Learn how to Register Here.
- You can not visit on Monday because Amrit Udyan is closed on Monday.
- So, the rest of the days you can visit like Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- You can carry your mobile phone but not a camera due to security reasons.
Also Read: Delhi's beauty all set to flaunt in Feb 2023 | CHECK ticket booking and more details