New Delhi: Defence Minister A.K. Antony Friday said that the movement of two army units near Delhi in January 2012 was "a routine training programme".
He denied there was any trust deficit between the government and the army on the issue in the wake of age row concerning former army chief V.K. Singh.
Answering queries on the troop movement following an interview of former director general of military operations A.K. Choudhary in which he said he was summoned by the then defence secretary on the issue, Antony said it was a routine exercise.
"It was a routine training programme. Nothing wrong in it," Antony told reporters here.
Antony said he had answered the question thrice in parliament earlier.
"The defence secretary also gave the same answer to the parliamentary standing committee," Antony said.
Asked if there was any trust deficit between the government and tghe army, he said "nothing like that".
Choudhary told reporters in Patna that he was asked by the government about the troop movement and he had told them the it was "normal training event".
He said such training was planned in advance.
Asked if the government was alarmed over the troop movement as he had been called by the then defence secretary Shashi Kant Sharma, Choudhary said he can't say if those in the government were "alarmed or not".
"I explained and the issue was understood by them," he said.