Jharkhand's ruling JMM on Monday announced that it would not contest the assembly elections in neighbouring Bihar, claiming that the decision was taken in the wake of a "political conspiracy" by its allies RJD and Congress, which deprived it of seats as part of the Mahagathbandhan.
JMM will review alliance in Jharkhand with Congress, RJD
Speaking to reporters, senior JMM leader Sudivya Kumar said his party will review the alliance in Jharkhand with the Congress and RJD, and give a befitting reply to the "snub".
The announcement came just two days after the Hemant Soren-led party said that it would go solo in Bihar and contest the elections in six assembly segments as the seat-sharing talks failed.
RJD, Congress responsible for depriving JMM from contesting Bihar polls
"The RJD and the Congress are responsible for depriving JMM from contesting the election as part of a political conspiracy. JMM will give a befitting reply to this, and review its alliance with RJD and Congress," said Kumar, the state tourism minister.
It should be noted that the JMM had last week announced that it will contest Chakai, Dhamdaha, Katoria, Manihari, Jamui and Pirpainti seats, which are slated to go to polls in the second phase on November 11. The deadline for submission of nomination papers in these seats was Monday.
With inputs from PTI
Also Read:
Bihar elections: JMM to contest independently, skips Mahagathbandhan seat-sharing on six key seats