Jadavpur University Student Union Election Result Live Updates: Student union elections in Jadavpur University took place on Wednesday after a break of three years. It was for the first time that the Akhil Bharatiya Vidhyarthi Parishad (ABVP) fielded candidates. Here are the Jadavpur University Student Union Election Results.
Jadavpur University Student Union Election Result:
- Ultra-left and Left organisation swept Jadavpur University student union elections.
- Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (AVBP), student wing of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), finished second in the Engineering faculty ahead of the Students Federation of India (SFI). ABVP contested for the first time.
- Radical Left Democratic Students Federation retained all the four office bearers' post in the Engineering faculty, while 'We the Independent' (WTI) - a consolidation of pro-Maoist and other Aextreme Left groups - kept intact their hegemony in the Engineering section.
- The SFI, student wing of the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) was onway to maintaining its hold over the Arts faculty, after a close fight with the Democratic Students Association, an extreme left group.
- The ABVP trailed behind the DSF by a huge margin in the Engineering faculty, even though it finished second. The SFI took the third spot.
- However, the ABVP failed to make any mark in the Arts faculty.
- The Trinamool Congress Chhatra Parishad (TMCP), affiliate of the state's ruling Trinamool Congress, fared poorly in each of the three faculties.
- The union elections were held peacefully after a three-year break on Wednesday.
- The elections were held for posts of 12 office bearers as also over 600 class representatives. However, majority of the posts went uncontested.
- The humanities faculty has highest number of students - over 4,000. There are 2,000 students in the science faculty and 700 in the engineering faculty.
- The ABVP fielded candidates for nine out of 12 office bearers of the union, adding a fresh dimension to the polls.
Jadavpur University Student Union Election Result
The Jadavpur University conducted the student union elections for the posts of 12 office bearers as also over 600 class representatives. The Akhil Bharatiya Vidhyarthi Parishad (ABVP) fielded candidates for nine out of 12 office bearers of the students' union.
With number at 4,000, the humanities faculty has the highest number of students. There are 2,000 students in the science faculty while 700 in the engineering faculty.
Other parties in the fray are All India Democratic Socialist Organisation (AIDSO), All India Students Association (AISA), and the students wing of Trinamool Congress -- Trinamool Congress Chhatra Parishad (TMCP).