Maharashtra government has extended the lockdown in the state till July 31 in view of the rising coronavirus cases in the state. The concerned District Collector and Commissioners of the Municipal Corporations in the state may enforce certain measures and necessary restrictions in specified local areas on the permitted non-essential activities and movement of persons to control COVID-19, the Uddhav Thackeray-led government said.
All government offices with certain exceptions like emergency, health and medical, treasuries, disaster management, police can function with 15% strength or 15 persons whichever is higher. All private offices can operate up to 10% strength or 10 people whichever is more, the state government said.
Earlier today, the Maharashtra chief minister launched a convalescent plasma therapy-cum-trial project for the treatment of critical COVID-19 patients. Also called passive antibody therapy, the convalescent plasma therapy seeks to obtain plasma from the blood of people who have recovered from the infection to inject into patients undergoing treatment.
MAHARASHTRA LOCKDOWN: GUIDELINES
The following activities are permitted with restrictions in municipal corporations of MMR Region including MCGM, Municipal corporations of Pune, Solapur, Aurangabad, Malegaon, Nashik, Dhule, Jalgaon, Akola, Amaravati and Nagpur.
- All essential shops which are allowed to remain open before this order shall continue to do so.
- All non-essential shops will be allowed to continue as per relaxations and guidelines issued vide Order 31st May and 4th June, and are in operation as per the policy of respective municipal corporation. All non-essential markets, market areas and shops except malls and market complexes will remain open from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Liquor shops will continue to operate if permitted, home delivery or otherwise.
- E-commerce activity for essential as well as non-essential items and material.
- All the industrial units which are presently open will continue to operate.
- All construction sites, public or private, which are allowed to remain open and operational. All such pre3-monsoon works (public/private) which are allowed.
- Home delivery restaurants/kitchen.
- Online/distance learning and related activities.
- All government offices (excluding Emergency, health and medical, treasuries, disaster management, police, NIC, food and Civil supply, FCI, NYK Municipal services to function with 15% strength or 15 persons whichever is higher.
- All private offices can operate up to 10 percent strength or 10 people whichever is more
- Movement of people: only essential 1+2 for taxi/cab aggregator/rickshaw/four-wheeler and only essential one rider for two-wheelers.