New Delhi: An 18-year-old boy was electrocuted and two others were injured after they came in contact with a high tension line that snapped and fell on them in west Delhi's Punjabi Bagh area.
Ahmed Khan, a resident of Golden Park jhuggi jhopri cluster, was standing outside his house when the cable snapped and fell on him at around 7 pm yesterday, police said yesterday.
Locals rushed him to Acharya Shree Bhikshu Hospital where he was declared brought dead. Dwarka Chauhan (25) and Babita Devi (30) were injured in the incident, police said. They were admitted to MGS hospital.
The cable was maintained by Haryana Power Generation Corporation Limited.
A case of culpable homicide not amounting to murder has been registered with Punjabi Bagh police station and investigations are on, police said.