For a fifth consecutive term, Biju Janata Dal (BJD) president Naveen Patnaik on Wednesday took oath as the Chief Minister of Odisha. In Bhubaneswar, Naveen Patnaik was administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor Ganeshi Lal in a grand ceremony at the Idco Exhibition Ground.
Here are 7 facts less known about Naveen Patnaik:
- Naveen Patnaik is the 14th Chief Minister of Odisha.
- Naveen Patnaik is also the president of the Biju Janata Dal, a writer and has published four books.
- Naveen Patnaik is currently the longest serving Chief Minister of any Indian state and only the third Indian chief Minister after Pawan Chamling and Jyoti Basu to win five consecutive terms as Chief Minister of an Indian state.
- Naveen Patnaik spent most of his early days away from Odisha, so, reportedly, he has problems in writing and speaking in Odia language.
- Naveen Patnaik, reportedly, is the only chief minister of India who does not speak the regional language of his state.
- At rallies, reportedly, Naveen Patnaik delivers Odia speeches written in Roman alphabet.
- Naveen Patnaik possesses great mastery over Hindi, French, Punjabi and English.
Congratulations to Shri Naveen Patnaik Ji on taking oath as Odisha’s Chief Minister. Best wishes to him and his team in fulfilling the people’s aspirations. I assure complete cooperation from the Centre in working for Odisha’s progress. @Naveen_Odisha— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) May 29, 2019