New Delhi: Ageing is a natural phenomenon which everyone has to go through, but consuming dark chocolates or blueberries can help slow down the process with better results, says an expert.
Vikas Jain, fitness and health connoisseur at Anytime Fitness, has shared a list of five super food that can actually make a difference to our body system.
* Olive oil: It is a good source of MUFA (monounsaturated fatty acids) and omega 3. A serving of olive oil will give you the daily dose of healthy fats. Cooking in olive oil damages the structure of olive oil and it converts it into a saturated fat. Olive oil is also excellent source of polyphenols which are strong antioxidants which are needed to balance the free radicals.
* Yogurt: It is an excellent source of protein and calcium. It helps us to prevent from muscle and bone loss. Also it provides us with billions of good bacteria in our stomach. These bacteria help us to break down our food and also help us to get rid of toxins. Make sure to have at least two servings of yoghurt, for best results take it at room temperature.
* Broccoli: Broccoli is a good source of Vitamin C and also dietary fibers. It belongs to the edible green plant in the cabbage family. It is rich in beta carotene and selenium. These ingredients make it a perfect super food.
* Dark chocolate: Dark chocolate with high cocoa content can actually be very beneficial. It contains minerals like iron, copper, magnesium, manganese, potassium, phosphorus, zinc and selenium. It is also an excellent source of antioxidants which will help us prevent the damage done by free radicals. Cocoa beans, from which chocolate is made, have a higher antioxidant capacity than any other food, and the high concentration of antioxidant flavanols in cocoa beans helps reduce inflammation of the skin caused by exposure to UV light.
* Red wine: Red wine if taken in moderation is an excellent anti-ageing drink. Red wine contains a compound called resveratrol, which contributes to a lot of health benefit. White wine doesn't have as much resveratrol as red wine because resveratrol is found primarily in the grape skins. Some researches have shown red wine to slow down the cellular ageing. If taken in moderation it is really helpful. The antioxidants and nutrients in red wine can help prevent heart disease by protecting the arteries and the lining of blood vessels. Males can have two glasses of wine per week and females can have one glass wine per week.