During and after pregnancy, the body of woman undergoes various changes. Experts suggest new mothers to use herbs and natural ingredients to fight post-delivery weakness. Ayurveda also recommends the use of herbs and oils that help protect and heal a mother's body post-pregnancy. To relieve stress and ensure a smooth start to motherhood, include products in your daily routine which contain these essential ingredients.
* Country mallow: Massaging your body leads to greater flexibility and tones the muscles, resulting in faster postpartum recovery. Country mallow is used as a primary ingredient in massage oils, which are used to strengthen muscles and repair dry skin.
* Five-leaved chaste tree: This herb helps relieve pain and accelerates the process of healing wounds and rashes.
* Winter cherry: Also known as Ashvagandha, it rejuvenates the body and promotes physical and mental health. Winter Cherry works best in strengthening and firming the skin, while enhancing muscle and joint strength.
* Indian madder: It has antioxidant properties and helps clear the skin, free from blemishes. It also relieves skin-related issues and inflammation.
* Almond: Due to several hormonal changes during pregnancy, the skin becomes extremely sensitive and prone to dryness. Almond oil based products provide the necessary care to keep your skin nourished. Almond oil also contains Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, and E, which ensure the skin is soft and supple.
* Aloe vera: Aloe vera contains antimicrobial and natural soothing properties that moisturize and help heal rashes. It soothes irritable skin conditions caused during pregnancy and acts as a remedy for stretch marks.
* Natural zinc: Natural zinc is known to lock in moisture and have antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. It is helpful in treating rashes caused due to skin irritation and sweat.
* Sesame: Often considered as the most beneficial oil especially for its skin-firming properties, Sesame oil moisturises the skin and prevents infections.
Get ready to make motherhood a happy and relaxing journey.
(With IANS inputs)
For all latest news, keep checking our Facebook page