Tattoo is a trend which has impressed people for quite a sometime now. And don't consider it a fad because it is here to stay. From corporate professionals to housewives and college teenagers, getting inked is the most fashionable thing nowadays. However, we mostly pay attention to the style and colour of the tattoo, ignoring the hygiene part. It is important to get certain things straight about the art of tattoos. Here' re the points you should know before getting inked
* Tattoos are a lifelong commitment. One needs to be absolutely sure about getting the tattoo, the design and the colours. Also, tattoo removal is expensive and cumbersome.
* Your tattoo will not look the same after 10, 20, 30 years. As your skin is elastic, it ages and brings about a major change in the texture.
* Getting inked at a shack on a Goa beach may be cheap compared to a professional tattoo parlour - but it's not a good idea. Do not do get such tattoos done as they may not be hygienic.
* The ink used for tattoos should be organic and should not contain chemicals like lead and nickel.
* Getting a tattoo is like getting a cosmetic surgery done. Just like how you would listen to your doctor's instructions about aftercare for optimum recovery, you must follow everything that a tattoo artist tells you. Things could go wrong if you do not follow his or her instructions.
(With IANS inputs)
For all latest news, keep checking our Facebook page