Festivities of Dussehra or Vijayadashami has engulfed the entire country. Falling at the end of Navratri, Dussehra marks the triumph of good over evil. The festival is celebrated in myriad ways across the country. While elders of the house are busy in puja rituals, kids are overjoyed with presents and new clothes. However, its for women and girls to get their beauty game on point. Here is a quick guide to glam up your look as per latest beauty trends on Dussehra.
* Step 1: Prep the skin: Prep your skin with a good BB + cream for a light and non-oily texture. The BB cream lightens your skin and spots from within, allowing your skin to breathe and you to look fabulous! It's best to use on the go, you can easily fit it in your purse for quick touch ups throughout the day!
* Step 2: Add the touch of drama to the eyes: Whether it is a winged eye or just a lot of kohl around the corners, the kajal pencil is your best friend. Outline in such a way to make the eyes appear bold and gorgeous!
* Step 3: Blush much? It's the festive season after all so why not add a little shimmer in your life? Use a little dust of the blush to accentuate the cheekbones and bring out your best features.
* Step 4: Perfect the pout: Choose a bold red lip to add to the festive chirpiness, however if you feel that is too much you can never really go wrong with a light pink lipstick.
* Step 5: Touch of tradition: A big round ‘bindi' is the last and final touch to complete the traditional Bengali look to get you camera and occasion ready!
Pick up indo-western or ethnic wear for the occasion. You can also go for sari if you are comfortable enough to carry it and pair it with accessories. So ladies, here you are ready to slay on this festive day.
(With IANS inputs)